Afternoon Line

I needed to vent!

Filed in: NHL Talk, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

hockeychic's avatar

Thank you, Paul.  You said it better than I could.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 10/04/12 at 01:42 PM ET

Seriously people, there’s plenty of other hockey to watch.  The NHL is just the NHL, it is not the embodiment of Sport on Ice.

I know, it’s not the NHL.  Still, if you love hockey itself and not just the version of it the NHL provides, there’s no reason to get too riled up over how 30 vs 600 people split up 3.3 billion bucks.  They really, really aren’t worth it.

Went to a Whalers game at the end of September and it was awesome.  Game was over in a bit over 2 hours, the hockey was crisp, there was some pugilism for those who like the rough stuff, the building was pretty full, and the whole family went, parked and ate for 75 bucks.

Which is how much it costs to get a good ticket and a beer for a game at the Joe.  For one person

The people missing the NHL are the ones who allow themselves to.

Posted by HockeyinHD on 10/04/12 at 01:50 PM ET

Thumbs up, +1, whatever internet / social media seal of approval there is, your tweets get it from me.

Posted by mc keeper on 10/04/12 at 01:52 PM ET

Gary likes hitting that self-destruct button.

Posted by FlyersFan on 10/04/12 at 02:21 PM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

NHL: Dying a slow, painful death for fans of the NHL. For sports fans they could really care less. I love hockey so will be watching hockey. Now that the NHL has started cancelling games I can officially say that I’m done with the league for the year. Will I be done next year? Only time will tell. It took a couple years before I started watching full time again after the ‘04/05 debacle.
FUCH YOU NHL!

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 10/04/12 at 02:22 PM ET

gusoline's avatar

Whelp, I’m done.  After nearly 40 years of watching the Wings, this is the last straw.  Time to finally direct my attention to more sane sports - like Brazilian league soccer.

Posted by gusoline on 10/04/12 at 02:44 PM ET

Whelp, I’m done.

Don’t let the door hit you in the ass…

Posted by Garth on 10/04/12 at 03:07 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

NHL network getting cancelled today.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 10/04/12 at 03:22 PM ET

Keyser S.'s avatar

This pain doesn’t go away. Everyday is the same. I always look forward to some beer and some chicken wings on the grill during wings games. It’s a ritual. It’s relaxes me (until playoff time).

Posted by Keyser S. on 10/04/12 at 03:26 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Games are the only time I can talk to anyone anyway I want to who happens to be within earshot and am granted a pass from any and all other activities.  It’s heaven.

I need to order some strippers for a game.. and nachos.. THAT’d be heaven.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 10/04/12 at 03:34 PM ET