A Poem Or A Gun?

from Robert Tychkowski of the Edmonto Sun,

Would you rather have a poem or a gun?

According to one NHL team, there is a right answer to that question, and it makes a difference in what kind of hockey player an 18-year-old kid will grow up to be.

That’s why it’s on the psychological test given to all the young prospects they interviewed in advance of the draft.

“I still don’t know what the right answer that was,” laughed Kingston Frontenacs centre Sam Bennett, who interviewed with 18 teams during the NHL combine.

“I had a few psychological written tests that took quite a while. They’re pretty crazy, questions totally out of left field.

“For the most part it’s just getting to know the players.

“They want so see how you react to certain questions and what you’re all about.”

continue and some Oilers talk too...

Filed in: NHL Teams, Edmonton Oilers, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Would you rather have a poem or a gun?

Silly question. It depends on the situation.

Trying to attract a girl you like? I would think the poem would probably work best.

Someone robbing your home? I’m gonna go with the gun – unless the robber is a good-looking woman. smile

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 06/27/14 at 12:28 PM ET

Chris in Hockey Hell's avatar

Have you ever tried sugar or PCP?

Posted by Chris in Hockey Hell from Ann Arbor, MI but LIVING in Columbia, TN on 06/27/14 at 12:34 PM ET

awould's avatar

Would you rather be an elephant or a book?

Posted by awould on 06/27/14 at 12:43 PM ET

Would you rather be an elephant or a book?

Posted by awould on 06/27/14 at 12:43 PM ET

I once read a book about elephants that was incredibly informative.  Babar, I think it was called.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 06/27/14 at 01:00 PM ET

awould's avatar

That’s one of the best autobiographies I’ve ever read.

Posted by awould on 06/27/14 at 01:09 PM ET

That’s one of the best autobiographies I’ve ever read.

Posted by awould on 06/27/14 at 01:09 PM ET

I agree.  Unfortunately I now own a few more tailored green suits then I probably need.  Though it is nice to put one on and walk jauntily down the street like a pharmacist.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 06/27/14 at 01:31 PM ET

SK77's avatar

A gun named Poem?

Posted by SK77 on 06/27/14 at 01:45 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

I would like to shoot some poets.

Where does that put me?