A Hopeless Feeling In Denver

from Adrian Dater of All Things Avs,

Right now, I sense the exact same hopeless feeling around the Avs that characterized the second half of the 2008-09 and 2010-11 seasons. Tony Granato coached that first team, Joe Sacco the second.

The criticism of Sacco is just withering right now from most of you, or at least it seems that way. I see the #firesacco hashtags and my inbox is just inundated with “When are they going to fire Sacco?” subject-line emails. GM Greg Sherman is getting just as much heat, or close anyway.

What can I say? It’s an absolute mess again, and people want somebody’s head on a platter. Will they get it? Right now, it’s just unclear what will happen.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Colorado Avalanche, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

IwoCPO's avatar

Just an FYI: stories like this still make me smile.  Suck it Denver.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 03/25/13 at 07:31 AM ET

Absolutely spot on, chief.
If Dater weren’t such a wings hating p.o.s. I probably would give half a shit. But, him being what he is, his tears and whatever cause them are awesome.

Posted by teldar on 03/25/13 at 08:02 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

Has Sacco EVER coached a better than 500 team? He didn’t in the AHL and got promoted to fail in Denver.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 03/25/13 at 10:33 AM ET

LivinLaVidaLockout's avatar

Just an FYI: stories like this still make me smile.  Suck it Denver.

Posted by
          IwoCPO

from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 03/25/13 at 07:31 AM ET

Yes, these are the real ‘feel-good’ stories we all love to read.  Suck on it… whore-style

Posted by LivinLaVidaLockout on 03/25/13 at 11:59 AM ET

LivinLaVidaLockout's avatar

^Dater, that is.

Posted by LivinLaVidaLockout on 03/25/13 at 12:00 PM ET

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 03/25/13 at 01:51 PM ET

w2j2's avatar

But about tonight: it’s as bad as it ever was around the Avs dressing room. There is that feeling of absolute hopelessness again around the team, where just a good shift or two is cause for a moral victory. The confidence of this team is absolutely gone, and I’ll be darned if I can figure out where it went.

WOW!