Will You Be Entertained?

Filed in: NHL Media, Hockey Broadcasting, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

He has to better than Milbury.
We would all be better than that idiot.

Posted by pnwwing on 08/03/21 at 02:12 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

I think that could be a great hire, but I also think he’ll tire of it pretty quick and want to get back into coaching.

Posted by TreKronor on 08/03/21 at 02:14 PM ET

Ajax19's avatar

I’m looking forward to it.

Posted by Ajax19 on 08/03/21 at 02:43 PM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

I thought Babcock was good, I assume Torts will provide the same element.

Posted by MurrayChadwick from YzerHolland2.0's pixie dust fueled bandwagon on 08/03/21 at 03:01 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Torts has done this before with TSN, I enjoyed his analysis.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 08/03/21 at 03:06 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

ESPN should hire Larry Brooks also, and give them their own unscripted segment. I would be entertained with that…. cheese

Posted by Down River Dan on 08/03/21 at 03:20 PM ET

If he’s hired to be a Don Cherry-esque curmudgeon, I just want to watch to see him try.

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 08/03/21 at 03:45 PM ET

i miss the old HNIC “hot stove” gang..al strachan, eric duhatschek, scott morrison, and jd.

still pissed about grapes.. the .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)..

Posted by rickytarr on 08/03/21 at 05:35 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Ima guessing Don Cherry was busy?

Torts could be a breathe of fresh air.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, sing along The YzerMan Can!...... on 08/03/21 at 10:18 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Looking forward to watching Torts. cheese

Posted by bigfrog on 08/03/21 at 10:34 PM ET

Steeb's avatar

Posted by TreKronor on 08/03/21 at 02:14 PM ET

I imagine he has an out clause in his TV contract that if a team offers him a job, he can take it. See also, Burke, Brian.  cool smile

Posted by Steeb on 08/03/21 at 11:48 PM ET

I’m all for Tortorella segment where he can roast players for stupid penalties like diving and coaches for undisciplined play like too-many-men line changes penalties.  He can be ESPN’s Don Cherry.

Oh boy.  Melrose and Tortorella on the same broadcast.

Oy…

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 08/05/21 at 02:58 PM ET