Kukla's Korner Hockey
by Paul on 10/05/15 at 01:19 PM ET
If you are into playing fantasy hockey this season, now is the time to do so.
Fantrax offers playing options, listens to their customers and are hockey guys.
Checke out what they have to offer...
Fantasy meets reality — it took the Chicago Blackhawks nearly 10 years to build their team into a winner … now you can be the GM who builds a team from scratch into Stanley Cup champions.
- What’s the difference between dynasty and keeper leagues?
Dynasty - Once you draft or acquire a player, he’s yours. Outside of a trade or drop, that player remains with your team from season-to-season.
Keeper - In a keeper league, you are generally only allowed to keep a pre-determined number of players year over year (i.e. six keepers). The rest of your players are returned into the following year’s draft pool
- Why a keeper or dynasty league?
- Looking for more of a challenge … something year round … part-time hobby into a full-time hobby
- more attachment to players
- plays out more like the real thing
- long term commitment
- keeps you and your friends engaged all year long
- raises the stakes
Why Fantrax is the home of dynasty and keeper leagues:
1) Fantrax has the most features and is fully Customizable:
- In a keeper or dynasty league, the strategies are more advanced.
- Drafting (rounds), F/A (bidding), trades (multi-team), waivers (claim periods), rosters (combination of pro level and minor league level players)
2) Deep player pools (great for dynasty and keeper leagues)
- Dynasty and keeper leagues are not solely built on who are the leading scorers on their respective teams now … it also factors in minor league prospects who may grow into players one day.
- Fantrax has the deepest player pools around, featuring players from minor league systems...
3) Draft pick trading (current and future years)
- When you’re building for the future, you need to keep an eye on down the road. While many fantasy sites only allow for draft picks as part of trades for the following season, Fantrax allows you to trade your picks up to 5 years down the road.
4) Player Salary and Contract options
- Fantrax offers owners the flexibility to structure player contracts and salaries to resemble the real thing. Institute a salary cap that matches the NHL’s. Set it up where you can sign players for multi-year deals that count against the cap. Make it as real it gets.
5) Fantrax is available year round (customer service too)
- Dynasty leagues are a year-round investment. Unlike other sites that close down fantasy hockey during the offseason, Fantrax allows you to manage your teams 365 days a year. And their industry-leading customer service is also available all year long.
Here are three easy steps to getting started:
1. Sign up at Fantrax. Fantrax is easy-to-use and fully customizable. Become a commissioner, and set up the rules and scoring for your league any way you want to.
2. Email you friends who love hockey with a link to sign up to your league and this column explaining what they are missing out on.
3. Make it worth everyone’s while. A reasonable buy-in, around $20 bucks, will keep everyone interested. And on Fantrax, there are no more headaches trying to chase down fantasy owners who won’t cough up the dough. The Fantrax Treasurer option will even manage your league’s finances for the season.
Time to drop the puck … Game On!
If you missed the post regarding Fantrax last week, you can view it here.
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Paul Kukla founded Kukla’s Korner in 2005 and the site has since become the must-read site on the ‘net for all the latest happenings around the NHL.
From breaking news to in-depth stories around the league, KK Hockey is updated with fresh stories all day long and will bring you the latest news as quickly as possible.
Email Paul anytime at email@example.com