Open Post- Day 11 Of The Stanley Cup Playoffs

Four teams face eliminaton tonight.

Feel free to discuss the games as they play out.

Filed in: | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Paul's avatar

Palat scores with just over 2 minutes left in the first.  Terrible turnover, 1-0 TBL.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/12/22 at 08:15 PM ET

ilovehomers's avatar

Leafs have to win tonight. Don’t care of they’re on home ice….no confidence in them winning a game 7

Posted by ilovehomers on 05/12/22 at 08:20 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Bruins up 2-0 after 40 minutes.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/12/22 at 08:40 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Cirelli shorty, 2-0 Bolts.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/12/22 at 08:58 PM ET

Paul's avatar

2-1, Matthews.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/12/22 at 08:59 PM ET

Paul's avatar

2 quick goals for the Leafs, 3-2 after 40.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/12/22 at 09:17 PM ET

Paul's avatar

4-1 Bruins with 9 minutes left in the 3rd.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/12/22 at 09:19 PM ET

Steeb's avatar

It’s weird to see Vasilevsky give up two two-goal leads. Not that they’re his fault, but he usually stands on his head and shuts the door when they’re up. That’s why he wins Conn Smythes, I guess.

Posted by Steeb on 05/12/22 at 09:43 PM ET

ilovehomers's avatar

Leafs gonna lose if they cant counter attack

Posted by ilovehomers on 05/12/22 at 09:46 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

I don’t know why, but for some reason I just can not get into this Tampa Toronto series. I don’t know what it is but I can’t pay attention to it.

Canes bruins has been my fav Matchup so far, followed by Pitt nyr. Bummer the canes couldn’t close out the bruins. Bruins are like a rat you just can’t get to die.

Posted by TreKronor on 05/12/22 at 10:01 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Tampa defense is so sloppy. This team looks freaking exhausted.

Posted by TreKronor on 05/12/22 at 10:02 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

So Marchand gets a 4 minute spearing penalty late in the game and there was no replay of it. Always thought spearing was a 5 and a game with a automatic league review. Looks like shenanigans.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 05/12/22 at 10:03 PM ET

Paul's avatar

4 minutes for Marchand on that call cn just mentioned.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/12/22 at 10:11 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Thanks for that Paul. You are on in playoff mode for sure.  wink

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 05/12/22 at 10:15 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

Tampa defense is so sloppy. This team looks freaking exhausted.

Vasilevskiy isn’t looking like the world beater that he has been in the past.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 05/12/22 at 10:17 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

I prefer the Canes win. I figure they would have home ice if matched up against Crybaby. wink

Posted by bigfrog on 05/12/22 at 10:20 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

The best thing about OT is no commercials during the period.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 05/12/22 at 10:49 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Well Tampa gifted us with images of very upset Leafs fans… What a sight. Game 7 should be interesting.

Posted by TreKronor on 05/12/22 at 11:05 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Point in OT, game 7 on Saturday.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/12/22 at 11:05 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Should be fun. grin

Posted by bigfrog on 05/12/22 at 11:18 PM ET

You really have to a be a terrible person to spear someone
in the final five mins of a blowout win.

Hopefully the Canes will dominate game 7
and there’ll be chances to really get some shots in on Marchand,
insult and injury I guess, tho not a major one, not even for Brad Marchand.

Tre, why do you hate rats so much?
I’ll fully admit I’m an outlier as I actually know
them quite well. I get there’s an engrained human fear from hundreds and
thousands of years ago: a mammal who can end up carrying a parasite that
carries a disease; or, an infestation decimating a harvest.
But most domesticated rats are smarter than most dogs or cats and they’re incredibly clean, sweet, social animals who love their families. Even wild rats have, to the extent bare survival allows, a very highly-developed sense of empathy.
Certainly it’s not good for anyone - including rats - to let wild populations get out control. But rats are very similar cognitively to human three year olds. They’re basically like much cleaner, smarter puppies.

Ok…enough on that topic!

Posted by lefty.30 on 05/12/22 at 11:29 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

I’m not taking pet rats. I’ve had rats tunnel under and into my garage at my last house-they do significant damage. Fortunately I sold the place before the slab started to crack, but I can’t tell you how many hours I spent putting in an underground fence to deter them. Not to mention money on bait.

I’m talking Chicago dig-into-your-house rats that will eat anything in their path to get food. Including drywall. Sitting out back on your patio, having a drink and a cigar at sunset and what happens? A rat runs between my legs.Imade a point to run over them in the alley if I could. I killed one with a shovel once.

So yeah, I hate wild rats. Haven’t seen one since I left that sad city.

Posted by TreKronor on 05/12/22 at 11:39 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Hard to believe MAF was riding pine in an elimination game but sure enough. Will be interesting to see where he ends up next season.

Posted by TreKronor on 05/13/22 at 12:30 AM ET

ilovehomers's avatar

MAF will be a hall of famer,  because you cant take a guy who is 4th all time in playoff wins, 3 cups, 3rd in all time wins, and a vezina out.

Just don’t dig into those numbers too far

Posted by ilovehomers on 05/13/22 at 07:50 AM ET