GIFS- Brad Marchand May Want To Thank The Linesman

Linesman pushed Marchand onto the bench area, then Marchand stepped back on the ice.

A confrontation with Dubois may have caused an issue with DoPS.

Put the GIF below with the one above and you have a pretty good picture.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Boston Bruins, Columbus Blue Jackets, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: brad+marchand

Comments

Down River Dan's avatar

How many games did Witkowski get????

I guarantee after Jeremy Jacobs puts a call into his buddy Gary….this whole event disappears and the rat marchand doesn’t miss a game… hmmm

Posted by Down River Dan on 03/16/19 at 09:25 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Automatic 10 game suspension DRD, but I believe Marchand would have had to engage with Dubois.

Like I said, Marchand was saved by the linesman.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/16/19 at 09:28 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

My memory may be deceiving me, but my recollection was Witkowski was part way down the tunnel and then took a step maybe two on to the ice. I don’t remember if he engaged anyone.

I’m going to YouTube to verify… red face

Posted by Down River Dan on 03/16/19 at 11:46 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Ok, the video shows Witkowski reaches out and pushes some from Calgary, but is quickly intercepted by linesman. No punch thrown. I thought the mere act of leaving the bench to start a scrimmage was a suspension??

Posted by Down River Dan on 03/16/19 at 11:50 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

He will claim the linesman pulled him back on the ice.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 03/17/19 at 12:20 AM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

Of course Marchand will not get suspended he is the illegitimate son of Gary Bettman!
I think Poobah has a photo to prove it!

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 03/17/19 at 07:56 AM ET

This has absolutely noting to do with witkowski and is in absolutely no way a punishable act.
Witkowski was ordered to the dressing room by the refs and came back onto the ice.
Marchand was pushed into an open door during live play.
The comparable here is a player being checked into the bench during live play and then getting up and rejoining the play.

Period.

Posted by CharDeeMacDennis on 03/17/19 at 10:24 AM ET

Paul's avatar

NHL 70.1 Leaving the Bench - No player or goalkeeper may leave the players’ or penalty bench at any time during an altercation or for the purpose of staring and altercation. Substitutions made prior to the altercation shall be permitted provided the players so substituting do not enter the altercation.

You folks can decipher the rule.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/17/19 at 11:12 AM ET