Afternoon Line- Robin Lehner

added 5:04pm, below, watch what Duncan Keith had to say on the topic.

Filed in: NHLPA, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

d ca's avatar

“hypocrisy”....said by the guy that blamed his medical surgery on others

“They hired like 12, 13 new people on that team that year that never played, never been around hockey. The medical guys and (physiotherapists) and all that stuff. They took them in from all over the world and none of them had ever seen a puck in their life and I ended up getting a lot worse and ended up getting surgery at the end of that season because they just kept screwing it up.”

Posted by d ca on 10/01/21 at 03:46 PM ET

I agree 100% with Lehner.

Posted by pnwwing on 10/01/21 at 07:17 PM ET

Steeb's avatar

Criticizing people who work in the public eye and are paid millions of dollars to play a game (when they can show up) is freedom of speech.

But I’m curious what other “personal choices” are you okay with players making that make them miss games? And, in Bert’s case, AFTER he signed a two year deal. Every anti-vaxer in the league is going to miss games.

Posted by Steeb on 10/01/21 at 10:03 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Every anti-vaxer in the league is going to miss games.

Let’s hope it doesn’t become a factor in a team not making he playoffs.

Posted by calquake from Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst on 10/01/21 at 10:13 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Maybe because it’s late and I’ve had a pop or two, but I can’t even decipher Lehner’s statement due to the grammar.  I think he’s opining on a Devo track if I’m not mistaken.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Somewhere West of Detroit on 10/02/21 at 12:15 AM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Posted by Hippy Dave from Somewhere West of Detroit on 10/02/21 at 12:18 AM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

(In retrospect please do let Jack Eichel have quality of life, not sure what the hell Buffalo management is up to; not a covid conversation, this; #freejack)

Posted by Hippy Dave from Somewhere West of Detroit on 10/02/21 at 12:28 AM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

...Where is the @nhlpa and all nhl players in all this attacks on our freedom of choice?....

Dear Mr. Lehner,

I believe you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what you decry as your “Freedom of choice”.  I don’t believe the NHLPA, or the NHL has obstructed your right to make a choice. Qupiptep tphep contrary, the league has quite clearly allowed you to make a personal decision.

However, I believe you have incorrectly interpreted the right of Freedom of choice and Freedom of consequence. Any player (or citizen) has a personal freedom to get a vaccine, or not. Any player who chooses not to be vaccinated is bound by the letter of the players agreement.

Just like many U S. Citizens who are employed as “At Will” employees, like it or not, you can be terminated at any point, so long as it isn’t for Race,Creed, Ethnicity,Gender…etc.

Your Freedom of choice has NOT been impeded, but that does exempt one from consequence from said choice.

I can to choose to drive without a seatbelt, but I may receive a ticket for doing so.

Unfortunately, many persons , like Mr. Lehner, don’t have a fundamental understanding of the law.

As the saying goes: ‘Better to keep one’s mouth shut and be thought a fool, than open it and remove all doubt’

Posted by Down River Dan on 10/02/21 at 12:34 AM ET

calquake's avatar

smile

Posted by calquake from Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst on 10/02/21 at 01:14 AM ET

Except I don’t sign a waiver that says the consequences of using a seatbelt may kill me and there are unknown short and long term effects of wearing a seatbelt and I wear one at my own risk and free anyone and everyone involved in the making of the car from liability should the seatbelt kill me instead of saving me.

Your comparison is absurd to say the least.

You’re also arguing for something that has a 0.018% (yes that’s right, 0.018% PERCENT) of death.

If I wear a seatbelt is doubles the odds of living. If I take the vaccine, my odds of living are not doubled as the absolute % increase are negligible.

You already have a low chance of even catching covid.

I’d explain this further but it’s evident you haven’t read any studies. I would recommend actually reading studies that are published and trials being worked on instead of regurgitating rotating headlines on CNBC.

There’s a reason “breakthrough” cases are increasing in highly vaccinated areas.

Posted by retrospecd on 10/02/21 at 08:16 AM ET

Hopefully Paul can shut down the spreading of disinformation above before this thread dissolves into another vaccine shit show. Disinformation is deadly.

Posted by beantownredwings on 10/02/21 at 11:04 AM ET

Paul's avatar

I hear what you are saying beanto….

I can remind people to stay on topic and yes I knew the types of comments we are seeing was expected.

I just ask people to stay on topic and respect all KK members.  I really don’t want to avoid posting information like this because it is hockey talk, so please stay on topic.

Thanks.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/02/21 at 11:08 AM ET

Steeb's avatar

Posted by retrospecd

Does your work take you to places where seatbelts are the law, and you can’t go to work for 10% of your work year because you chose not to wear a seatbelt? And I’m sure your job and everyone who relies on you at your job are cool with you just deciding to opt out of 10% of your workdays (probably more, as more places like Chicago will probably strengthen their restrictions).

The rest of your BS comment I’ll just mock for the idiocy that it is (CNBC? Do you even read your own garbage?)

Posted by Steeb on 10/02/21 at 12:26 PM ET