from Steve Simmons or the Toronto Sun,
- Those screaming about the lack of goals in the Stanley Cup Final should know this: The highest scoring team in hockey history, the Edmonton Oilers with Wayne Gretzky, Jari Kurri, Mark Messier, Glenn Anderson and Paul Coffey scored six goals in four games while being swept by the New York Islanders in the 1983 championship round.
- There is a direct correlation between the obsession with possession and the lack of creative offence in hockey. The more cycle game you choose to play, the less excitement. What coaches call playing the right way isn’t always a whole lot of fun to watch.
- A lot of hockey people expect Stamkos’ negotiation rights to be dealt within days.
- Whispers continue that all is not well between general manager Steve Yzerman and head coach Jon Cooper in Tampa. The coach has had difficulty with high-end talent like Stamkos and Jonathan Drouin and, apparently, Nikita Kucherov is not a fan, either.
- The Anaheim Ducks front office consists of senior consultant Dave Nonis, coach Randy Carlyle, and AHL coach Dallas Eakins. Sound familiar?
Create an Account
In order to leave a comment, please create an account.