from Stan Fischler of The Hockey News,
SIX MONDAY MUSINGS OVER A MAMMOTH WEEKEND
1. Not much more time for the likes of captain Ryan O'Reilly to be blaming himself for the genuine blues in St. Louis. You know where the finger points next. The Blues better win tonight in Boston or Barry Trotz’s phone may be ringing.
2. When it comes to Matt Tkachuk versus Jonathan Huberdeau, so far, it's Matty all the way.
3. Give Jack (How Did I Get All This Dough) Campbell points for honesty. He calls his netminding for Edmonton so far "pathetic." (He's being too kind.)
4. One reason for the Devils winning nine of their last 10 games: You can't hit what you can't catch. Second Reason: Nico Hischier coming into his own as captain.
5. The demotion to the fourth line of Rangers ace Chris Kreider coincides with my finding a 2020 The Hockey News article with the headline, “Should Rangers Trade Chris Kreider?” My answer now, as then, is never. New York’s mistake was giving the captaincy to Jacob Trouba and not the more deserving Kreider.
6. The SOS white flags can now be removed from the Scotiabank Arena roof. But save them for playoff time. That's when Kyle (I'm Still Not Punch Imlach) Dubas will be the flag-bearer.
continue for more topics...
Create an Account
In order to leave a comment, please create an account.