According to Friedman:
- The NHL's GM's will ensure that teams who have fired coaches or managers will not receive draft pick compensation--only coaches and front office executives who are under contract to an NHL team, not fired by an NHL team, will require compensation;
- Friedman believes that John Hynes, Ray Shero's AHL coach for the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins will probably be named the Devils' next coach, not Phil Housley;
- Friedman doesn't believe that the Rangers will allow the Maple Leafs to speak to New York Rangers assistant GM Jeff Gorton;
- He states that the Capitals and Braden Hotlby's representatives have begun to talk contract turkey;
- And the NHLPA's Competition Committee will review the NHL's GM's proposals for 4-on-4-to-3-on-3 OT, defensive centers placing their sticks on the ice first and the 5% growth factor in the salary cap will all be discussed, with a "trial period" for 3-on-3 OT and possibly lesser growth for the cap in the offing.