Videos- Robert Bortuzzo Hit On Jaromir Jagr

No penalty on the play...

Below, watch Pete Deboer post-game on the hit and the Penguins' view of the hit...

Penguins' TV broadcast view of the hit...

Filed in: NHL Teams, New Jersey Devils, Pittsburgh Penguins, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: jaromir+jagr, robert+bortuzzo

Comments

This is a close one for me.  I think it was borderline late.  Those were two very big players coming together.  I do not see anything that says head-shot.  But the more I watch it the more I see a late hit.  Probably should have been a charging penalty.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 12/03/14 at 09:31 AM ET

@NHLPlayerSafety
Pittsburgh defenseman Robert Bortuzzo will have a hearing for a late hit on New Jersey forward Jaromir Jagr. Day & time TBD.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 12/03/14 at 09:33 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Thanks GTL, been a busy morning for me.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 12/03/14 at 09:35 AM ET

Thanks GTL, been a busy morning for me.

No Problem smile

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 12/03/14 at 09:49 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

late and hit to the head. It’s not Bortuzzo’s first time making an over-the-line hit.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 12/03/14 at 10:19 AM ET

Evilpens's avatar

little late, Jagr got caught admiring his pass

Posted by Evilpens on 12/03/14 at 10:26 AM ET

nEgativezEro's avatar

It was a late hit and he drove upwards into Jagr’s chin. I don’t think he’ll see many games, if any though. It was reckless, but not a particularly malicious hit. I expect a game at the most, more likely just a fine.

Posted by nEgativezEro on 12/03/14 at 11:13 AM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Seth Rorabaugh @emptynetters
Bortuzzo has never been fined or suspended in his NHL career. NHL always considers that with supplemental discipline.Wrong again RW fans

& Bortuzzo is 2 inches taller than Jagr He is going to be above shoulder pad level even if Jagr wasn’t crouching somewhat

Posted by Evilpens on 12/03/14 at 11:19 AM ET

CaliforniaPuck31's avatar

Got to give a guy like Jagr a little more respect than a late hit like that.

Posted by CaliforniaPuck31 from San Luis Obispo, CA on 12/03/14 at 12:55 PM ET

Seth Rorabaugh @emptynetters

1. EP, “over-the-line” does not always constitute a hit that drew discipline. I believe players can be deemed “repeat offenders” if they’ve just been warned.

2. A player that has never been warned, fined, or suspended, doesn’t automatically clear them from a suspension.

Man, and they accuse me of being a troll.

Posted by redwingshomersLOL on 12/03/14 at 01:52 PM ET