Video- Jonathan Quick Not Happy With Jacob Silfverberg Goal

from Jon Rosen of LA Kings Insider,

On whether he had an issue with Anaheim’s second goal:

I’m not sure who the player was, but he shoved Muzzin, so basically that’s Muzz losing a battle of inches. He’s who ran into Jonathan. Not – im not sure who it was for them. [Reporter: Thompson, I think.] Thompson, yeah. I was trying to think – it was a four.

more from Sutter post-game in which the Ducks defeated the Kings 3-2 in OT

Here is the goal in question....

Filed in: NHL Teams, Anaheim Ducks, Los Angeles Kings, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: jakob+silfverberg, jonathan+quick

Comments

Don’t know what it is but I fuching hate the ducks, more than any other team in the league. I have more respect for the penguins and blackhawks than this team.. gord I hate them.

Posted by Pasha1277 on 03/19/15 at 08:24 AM ET

I think what gets at me is that they’re always getting away with a goal here and a goal there, always winning by one goal. They always get away with dumbass penalties against the wings, and obviously, as seen here, an interference. i’m tellin you if that was at the joe and we bumped into them, we’d have gotten the penalty.

Posted by Pasha1277 on 03/19/15 at 08:26 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Honestly…I find it hard to complain about that goal; he really wasn’t impeded. He was too busy watching the scrum in front of him and not following the puck.

Posted by mrfluffy from the phone, calling Detroit, telling them it's on 03/19/15 at 09:16 AM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Quick…..do the refs take him seriously when he complains?

Posted by TreKronor on 03/19/15 at 09:32 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

I could see this one go either way. It’s subjective. He wasn’t able to get over because his space was taken away inside his crease, but he wasn’t bumped, either. If it were the Wings, it’d be a penalty. Since it’s the Duh-ucks, it’s a goal.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 03/19/15 at 12:30 PM ET

it was the right call to let that goal stand. The Duck clearly made an effort to stop before the crease. It was only the contact from the King that kept him from making a full stop and caused the contact.

I’ve seen dozens of calls with more contact with the goalie result in goals. Quick is just frustrated because he knows his team is precariously close to missing the playoffs and no matter how you construe that, it would be a major embarrassment.

Posted by evileye on 03/19/15 at 12:31 PM ET

Alan's avatar

That should have been goaltender interference.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 03/19/15 at 04:19 PM ET