gebze evden eve nakliyat
Kukla's Korner Hockey - Kukla's Korner

Video- 41 Years Ago, Mike Bossy 50 In 50

Amazing how I still remember these goals today.

Filed in: NHL Teams, New York Islanders, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

prayers going out to the “The Boss” who has been diagnosed with lung cancer.

Posted by rickytarr on 01/24/22 at 04:10 PM ET

Kaszycki and his Krew's avatar

I was watching at some dive bar near NYU where i was a student.  He had to score 2x in the last couple of mins!

Mike has lung cancer and has retired from public life.  I have met him 2 times. He worked a couple of years for the team in a business development role.  Once was at one of those functions downstairs at the Coli and another time - he was walking along the concourse and let my daughter and I in to say hello (about a half hour before they opened the gates.  Such a nice guy!

For those following the Gillies story, he became very close with Mario Lemieux over the years and was a regular at Mario’s annual Golf Outing in Pittsburgh - I saw some video with former Penguin Bryan Trottier and another fellow playing guitar and Clark singing “The Gambler” by Kenny Rogers and Mario I think posted it.

( I HATED that Bryan was a Penguin.  Calling him a Penguin is like calling Paul McCartney a member of Wings).

But i hope the hockey world prays for Mike.  Locally in the past year - we lost Rod Gilbert and Clark.  The year before we lost a whole bunch of greats too many to name, I personally mourned when Dale Hawerchuk passed away.  I just thought the world of him!

Posted by Kaszycki and his Krew on 01/24/22 at 09:08 PM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

Hopefully his cancer is Non Small Cell. The survival rate is higher than small cell cancers.

I was diagnosed last May with NSC lung cancer. Stage 2b. The 2.5” diameter tumor and the my upper and part my middle lobe was removed in September. So far so good. And i never smoked cigarettes.

Prayers to big Mike. That team was my favorite non-Redwing team growing up.

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 01/25/22 at 08:45 AM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Sorry to hear about your situation dog, but prayers for your continued health going forward.

Posted by TreKronor on 01/25/22 at 11:25 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Hope everything remains so far so good for you dd… Take care.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/25/22 at 11:29 AM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

Thank you Tre and Paul. So far I have been fortunate and am reminded ever time i go to the Rogle cancer center. There are so many people that are in such bad shape with this stuff.
I find out tomorrow how my last scan went.

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 01/25/22 at 12:47 PM ET