Time For Your Stanley Cup Playoffs Semi-Final Picks

How did you do with your second round picks?

Tampa Bay Lightning vs. New York islanders

Vegas Golden Knights vs. Montreal Canandiens

Include the number of games to win each series if you'd like.

Please submit your picks by Sunday, 2:45pm ET

note- original post was on 6/11/21 at 8:54am.

Filed in: NHL Teams, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

ilovehomers's avatar

Link is busted

VGK in 6

2nd round: 2/4
Bruins in 6
Tampa Bay in 7
Vegas in 6

Jets in 5

3rd Round: going for my “ideal” match-up.
Vegas in 6
TB in 7

Posted by ilovehomers on 06/11/21 at 09:21 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Link has been fixed.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 06/11/21 at 09:28 AM ET

TreKronor's avatar

2-2 in the second round, so 5-6 overall.

Tampa in 6
Vegas in 7

I had typed MTL over Vegas, but deleted it.  I think MTL is incredibly hot, but I also think Vegas is the better team.  It’s going to be interested though, because if MTL can keep up their hot streak and Carey Price continues to be so dominate, they are going to be tough to beat.

The other thing is, it’s going to be interesting to see how MTL handles playing in Vegas.  That is one loud stadium right now.

Posted by TreKronor on 06/11/21 at 11:38 AM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

I was 2 for 2 last round. I underestimated the Isles, and despite my predication that the LVGK would win the cup, I allowed myself to be fooled by Colorado blowing out St. Louis and Vegas struggling with the Wild to nod to the ‘lanche.  They did outplay the LVGK the last two games, they just didn’t finish (my my how the tables have turned, I recall a similar storyline that involved the aveholes)

Any who, it’s…

Tampa and Vegas in the finals.

Montreal has no chance IMO, none.

I will not say the same for the NYI, they do have a chance, and if Trotz beats Tampa, w/o some crazy rash of star injuries, he should be a HOF coach IMO, probably already will be, but man to knock off Tampa, wow.  That said, I have to go with Tampa.

Posted by MurrayChadwick from YzerHolland2.0's pixie dust fueled bandwagon on 06/11/21 at 01:10 PM ET

Thag's avatar

NYI in 5
MTL in 6

Posted by Thag from DC on 06/11/21 at 03:31 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Tampa in 6

Vegas in 6

Still picking the Bolts to raise the Cup.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 06/11/21 at 03:40 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

I lost with Toronto and the Nashville in the 1st round. Didn’t see the Oilers folding like a lawn chair but still picked the Jets.

2nd round picks:

Islanders in 6
Vegas in 6
Tampa in 5

Jets in 6.

Got hosed by the player safety board giving Scheifele 4 games. Lodging an official protest smile

Jobu told me I was smoking crack if I went with the Canadians now so I am going Vegas in 6 and sticking with the Islanders in 7.

Jobu demands more rum!

Interesting how these elite goal tenders are making a difference in the playoffs.

Wallstedt or Cossa this year is what I am hoping.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 06/11/21 at 04:29 PM ET

First round:  6-2
Second round:  2-2

Third Round
East
New York Islanders vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (NYI in 6)

West
Montreal Canadiens vs. Vegas Golden Knights (VGK in 6)

Only the VGK/MTL series was hard to pick, but VGK plays such a smart high-tempo game.

Let’s see who gets to the Cup finals first before I pick a Cup winner.

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 06/11/21 at 04:34 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

I don’t usually make picks, but I always watch out for a Trotz coached team. Dangerous. gulp

Posted by bigfrog on 06/11/21 at 07:58 PM ET

Posted by bigfrog on 06/11/21 at 07:58 PM ET

+19.

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 06/11/21 at 10:19 PM ET

An embarrassing 1 for 4 in the second round.  But the Habs are through and there’s nothing like my city gearing up for summer while the Sainte Flannel is still alive so I’ve got that going for me.

Having said that…

VGK in 7

TB in 6

Posted by dwgs on 06/12/21 at 09:00 AM ET

The Meal's avatar

First round: 5-3

My second round picks:
NYI 7 - ding
CAR 6 - bzzt!
COL 6 - bzzt!
WIN 6 - bzzt!

~*~*~

With that stellar showing, I may as well go aspirational:

NYI 7
MTL 6

Posted by The Meal from Firestone, CO on 06/12/21 at 09:02 AM ET

Oops, didn’t see it was an early start. Still no score when i last checked. Anyhoo…
1st round - 6/8
2nd round - 2/4
3rd round - Isles in 7, Knights in 6… even though I’m hoping to watch a Lightning/Knights final. But also, Go Habs!

Posted by Moose Moss on 06/13/21 at 04:01 PM ET

Steeb's avatar

Isles/Habs is the final we want and deserve. Ergo, it’ll be Bolts/Knights.

Posted by Steeb on 06/13/21 at 04:08 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Sorry. I’m late.

Islanders in 7

Habs in 6

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 06/13/21 at 05:14 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Been crazy super busy this week. Imma putting down roots here in Cackalacky and just plum forgot aboot today’s game. wink

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 06/13/21 at 05:19 PM ET