Thoughts Go Out For Eddie Olczyk

Filed in: NHL Teams, Chicago Blackhawks, NHL Media, Hockey Broadcasting, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: eddie+olczyk

Comments

Paul's avatar

Statement from President & CEO John McDonough on behalf of the Chicago Blackhawks:

Eddie Olczyk is a treasured member of the Chicago Blackhawks family and we will be supportive of him as he fights this disease. We encourage our fans to keep him in their thoughts as we all look forward to having him back in good health as soon as possible.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 08/08/17 at 05:17 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Hmmm…

Posted by TreKronor on 08/08/17 at 05:19 PM ET

Sorry to hear, hope for a speedy recovery for him

Posted by ThatGuy on 08/08/17 at 05:21 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

I can’t stand him as an announcer or analyst, but having lost my father to cancer…. I wish him the best of luck and a full recovery.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 08/08/17 at 05:49 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

+19 MO..

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 08/08/17 at 08:05 PM ET

Alan's avatar

My uncle passed in 2000 to colon cancer. I might not like him as an announcer, but I would be remiss if I didn’t say that I hope he bounces back and makes a full recovery.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 08/08/17 at 09:53 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

I am definitely not a fan of his, but hoping he has a full and quick recovery.  surprised

Posted by bigfrog on 08/08/17 at 11:12 PM ET

Cancer sucks. Get better and stop announcing.

Posted by SlimChance on 08/09/17 at 01:03 AM ET

DocF's avatar

I am praying for you.  As information, my mother survived colon cancer and went on to live more than 50 years afterward.

Posted by DocF from Now: Lynn Haven, FL; was Reidsville, NC on 08/09/17 at 10:22 AM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

I just hope it’s subtle colon cancer.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 08/09/17 at 11:15 AM ET

RedMenace's avatar

As much as I dislike Eddie as a color commentator, I’m sure he’s a nice person; I hope they caught it early enough and were able to remove enough of the cells to stop it from coming back.

I don’t care who you are, what organization you represent, or what you say about the team I cheer for: *#$%@& Cancer.

Posted by RedMenace from Fuck HFBoards on 08/09/17 at 03:14 PM ET

I like Eddie. Does a good job…. Years ago I saw a study that showed 7 out of 10 people that eat processed meats get colon cancer and I stopped then eating hotdogs, ham, pastrami and corn beef. Most of the illnesses people get is from the chemicals, salt and sugars added to the synthetic stuff they sell as food.  Do yourself and your family a favor and stop eating it.

Posted by Puckbubba on 08/09/17 at 05:14 PM ET