The New York Islanders Force A Game 7

With a 3-2 OT win.

Game 7 is Friday in Tampa.

OT, GWG is below.

added 11:16pm, longer video 0f OT goal is below.

added 11:20pm, Kucherov injury is below.  added 11:28pm, highlights are below...

OT goal

Kucherov injury

Highlights

Filed in: NHL Teams, New York Islanders, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Met up with a few Isles fans.  Yes.  We nuts.

Go Isles.

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 06/23/21 at 11:31 PM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

What a great game. I can only hope game seven is as good!

Go Kas! Go Islanders!

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 06/23/21 at 11:45 PM ET

Steeb's avatar

Posted by SYF

Any word on why everyone was throwing garbage on the ice at their players? That may be the most New York thing I’ve ever seen.

Posted by Steeb on 06/24/21 at 12:10 AM ET

Posted by Steeb on 06/24/21 at 12:10 AM ET

Nah.  I was in a bar here in Vegas, brother so I didn’t even bother to ask because I was just too happy for the Isles fans.

But you would probably be right:  that is very NY.  I would presume that it would be like a fan’s version of the beer shower.

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 06/24/21 at 01:21 AM ET

Thag's avatar

Isles-Habs. That would be fantastic!

Posted by Thag from DC on 06/24/21 at 07:41 AM ET

Kaszycki and his Krew's avatar

I was attacked after the OT goal by someone I did not know - some BIG dude who grabbed me in my seat and gave me a big bear hug and I loved it!  Santa Claus was at the game!  He was sitting in the last row of Section 102!

It was great to see some of the alumni ( Clark Gillies, Shawn Bates, John Tonelli and Eric Cairns were the ones I ran into) were on the concourse pumping up the fans….and after the game - our co-owner - Jon Ledecky - was being mugged by fans in the concourse who absolutely surrounded Jon and he was loving it.

The Beer Shower?  Usually happens after a loss and aimed at the other team. I am not a fan of this, someone could get hurt.  They stopped selling beer in the early part of Period 3 so the cans were empty at least!!

I am old enough to have been old enough to become a Season Ticket Holder in 1982 for Cup 3 and got to be there for the Game 4 vs. the Oilers in 1983 - so I have experienced this.  But the young people like my 30 year old son grew up with at least 20 years of DNQ for the playoffs and 7 years of first round exits.  This is new territory for a whole generation of NYI fans.  So exciting.  I had at least 27 years of having to eat tickets for games I could not go to and not even pay anyone to take them off my hands.  Now I hear from old ‘friends’ seeing if I have extra tix now smile

But the Gospel according to Arbour cites us to focus on the next shift - and the next shift ONLY.  Game 7 ought to be a doozy for NHL fans.  I will remind myself just to focus on that.  Now let’s have a good game tonight for Vegas/MTL   !!!

Posted by Kaszycki and his Krew on 06/24/21 at 08:33 AM ET

Kaszycki and his Krew's avatar

For the Red Wing fans - there was a young lady in our row - who was drop dead HOT - and after chatting her up - really nice!!!!  She was wearing her Isles GREISS jersey.

It was not Brittney Greiss - she s a brunette!  ( and she is a flat - out AWESOME lady - we have met her on occasion, my Barclays seats were in the same section as the players WAGS.)

There still is a TON of love for Greisser and Lehner amongst the Isles Faithful.

Posted by Kaszycki and his Krew on 06/24/21 at 08:40 AM ET