Philipp Grubauer Signs With Seattle

Numerous confirmations, 6 years, $5.9M AAV.

Filed in: NHL Teams, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: seattle+kraken

Comments

Nate A's avatar

Wait, what?  I thought they were set with Driedger. And Vanecek to take over the franchise after.  So why does Graubauer sign there at all, and what (if any) is Seattle’s plan here??

Also, YIKES to signing any goalie for that kind of term.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 07/28/21 at 01:09 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Wow - I thought he was a lock in Colorado.  What’s going on here?

Posted by Hippy Dave from Somewhere West of Detroit on 07/28/21 at 01:10 PM ET

Paul's avatar

All I know is the Avs need a goalie, badly.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 07/28/21 at 01:11 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Schwartz and Wennberg locked up too by SEA.  Both decent moves (though they overpaid a little for Wennberg) but every other move Seattle’s made so far doesn’t exactly inspire confidence in their management.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Somewhere West of Detroit on 07/28/21 at 01:12 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Posted by Hippy Dave from Somewhere West of Detroit on 07/28/21 at 01:13 PM ET

Seattle just made Colorado’s life a lot tougher. Not much to pick through for a starting goaltender.

Posted by evileye on 07/28/21 at 01:28 PM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

I said late last year that Bernier would make sense for the Aves, and I would have to imagine he’s now their top priority.

Posted by MurrayChadwick from Window Seat on the Captain's Ship on 07/28/21 at 02:12 PM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

Posted by MurrayChadwick from YzerHolland2.0’s pixie dust fueled bandwagon on 07/28/21 at 03:12 PM ET

Welp scratch that, I didn’t read that far down the UFA news…

Posted by MurrayChadwick from Window Seat on the Captain's Ship on 07/28/21 at 02:13 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Only if the Devils trade him MC, he signed with them today.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 07/28/21 at 02:13 PM ET

If i were Fleury I’d be having Allan Walsh find a way to get me onto the Avs by tonight.

Posted by Moose Moss on 07/28/21 at 03:13 PM ET

Posted by Moose Moss on 07/28/21 at 04:13 PM ET

Very much doubt that happening in CO with his $7 million contract

Posted by exor54 on 07/28/21 at 03:45 PM ET

Very much doubt that happening in CO with his $7 million contract

Detroit can help them facilitate that!

Posted by evileye on 07/28/21 at 03:47 PM ET