Open Post- Old Faces In New Places

6 games tonight with some of the traded players making their first appearance with a new team.

Schedule is below and feel free to discuss anything hockey related.

I'm in recover mode but will be watching.

added 8:26pm, Anthony Mantha goal below, he has an assist too.

Filed in: | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

TreKronor's avatar

I was hoping to catch some of that Washington game to see which version of Mantha showed up. Didn’t get to see any though.

Anyone see Hall in action for Boston?

Posted by TreKronor on 04/13/21 at 09:29 PM ET

Caught the BUF-BOS game and I appreciate the effort of one Jeff Skinner, but he’s snakebit in his shot.

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 04/13/21 at 09:35 PM ET

Hall (#71 as a Bruin) has no points so far in this game.  However, BUF’s Sam Reinhardt is awesome.

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 04/13/21 at 09:40 PM ET

OT for BUF was beautiful.  Just no finish.  Close to 3.5 minutes of OT was all BUF possession.

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 04/13/21 at 09:49 PM ET

BOS in the SO.  3-2.  Lot of credit to BUF’s effort in the third.  They’re playing their hearts out.

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 04/13/21 at 09:52 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Posted by TreKronor on 04/13/21 at 09:29 PM ET

I tried watching the game, but eventually had to mute the sound because Mleczko’s voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

As for Mantha, he definitely looked more energized. And the goal he scored was typical Mantha, skating lazily across in front of the goalie and firing a wrister while using the defenseman as a screen. As Mickey would say, “No one asks how, they just ask how many.”

But he also was the reason the Flyers scored their lone goal. It was his lack of “compete” for the puck that allowed Philly to keep it in the Caps’ zone, and a few seconds later it was in the net.

Who knows, maybe Vrana will play the same way. But even if he does, Panik definitely won’t. And those 1st- and 2nd-round picks, well, they’re just Yzerman-induced gravy in the whole deal.

So good luck, Anthony. I hope you enjoy D.C., and I hope you have a long playoff run. Hopefully Vrana, Panik and the picks will make you even easier to forget than you already are (at least for me).

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 04/13/21 at 11:12 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

I just found a new TV station in Kalamazoo. It’s WXSP from GR that carries the Griffins home games. I use an antenna and it comes in great. Its on 15.1 so you might need to re-scan your channels to pick it up.

I think they may be moving from the 50.1 channel. I couldn’t get 50.1 very well so this is great.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 04/14/21 at 01:39 AM ET