Leading Up To The Trade Deadline

Below is a live running timeline I use for some of the Twitter accounts I follow in the hockey world.

Keep and eye on it for the latest trade deadline news. This post will remain sticky through March 1st.

TSN Trade Tracker

Sportsnet Trade Tracker

Filed in: NHL Teams, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Paul's avatar

If you want me to add someone, please let me know.

Also, I have not listed about a handful of people who have lately filled their timeline with political tweets.

No need for that kind of stuff during this busy time period.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 02/27/17 at 02:14 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

odd ... for so many of the recent past years I’ve watched the deadline for ‘a big move’ that would put the Wings in a better contention for a run.

this year? ... it is ‘who’s leaving Detroit?’.

... yes, an odd, different perspective indeed.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/27/17 at 02:56 PM ET

#Coyotes announce they’ve acquired waiver wire frequenter Teemu Pulkkinen from #mnwild in exchange for future considerations.

Why wouldn’t they claim him instead of this?

Posted by neffernin on 02/27/17 at 03:58 PM ET

NVM, claim would mean he has to be put on NHL roster whereas this means he can go to AHL.

Posted by neffernin on 02/27/17 at 03:58 PM ET

Hockeytown Wax's avatar

Pulkys gunna find out what a cluster the Coyotes organ-I-zation is and he’ll end up going back to Finland to play.  Can’t say that I blame him either.

Posted by Hockeytown Wax from West Bloomfield, Mi. on 02/27/17 at 09:16 PM ET

Wonder if Smith ends up having more value than Quincey

Posted by neffernin on 02/28/17 at 12:23 PM ET

Paul's avatar

I tried to find a stream of Sportsnet’s Trade Show via NHL Network, no luck so far.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/01/17 at 09:21 AM ET

Slumpy's avatar

Panthers have 2nd most cap space in the NHL and only 1 pt out of wild card spot. Gotta believe they will make a big trade. Carolina ownership sitting at home counting their pennies which I’m sure their fans appreciate lol.

Posted by Slumpy from Under My Wheels on 03/01/17 at 12:38 PM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

Posted by Slumpy from Under My Wheels on 03/01/17 at 11:38 AM ET

Vanek to the Panthers makes sense for them, use him this year, and get to know him before the UFA period where any deal they push him is at a premium due to taxes.

Unsure a deal with FLA yields the return the Wings want, but if the options are limited.

Posted by MurrayChadwick from Window Seat on the Captain's Ship on 03/01/17 at 12:48 PM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

Well well well, looks like someone is grabbing a lotto ticket tonight.

Posted by MurrayChadwick from Window Seat on the Captain's Ship on 03/01/17 at 01:08 PM ET

Slumpy's avatar

I’ll match my usual one number LOL  Kenny loading up on draft picks like his scouts will get him all future NHLers hehe. Would of happier if we got Demers or Petrovic in this trade.
Vanek and Jagr together could be interesting for a playoff push.

Posted by Slumpy from Under My Wheels on 03/01/17 at 01:16 PM ET

Dylan McIlrath makes sense, there was no way Demers or Petrovic would be moved. Panthers are keeping roster players.

Posted by Puckbubba on 03/01/17 at 01:47 PM ET

Looking like the Vanek trade was not only a decent trade, but potentially one of the better ones.

Posted by neffernin on 03/01/17 at 04:08 PM ET

Video of Dale Tallon on Vanek and team: Panthers acquire veteran forward Thomas Vanek from Red Wings

Posted by Puckbubba on 03/01/17 at 05:34 PM ET

tkfergy's avatar

Thanks for everything you two do.

Posted by tkfergy on 03/01/17 at 06:54 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Thanks tk, enjoy keeping the fans updated.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/01/17 at 07:15 PM ET