John Tortorella Gets Testy Again

From Jesse Spector at the Blueshirts Blog:

The press conference started off smoothly enough, but then took an ugly turn when Tortorella did not like the line of questioning from Larry Brooks of the New York Post. Here’s the video of the first two minutes of the media session…

Video: (NSFW)

Filed in: NHL Teams, New York Rangers, Washington Capitals, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: john+tortorella, larry+brooks

Comments

Love it when Brooks makes it about himself.

Posted by Mark in Portland from Portland on 04/15/11 at 05:36 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

This is becoming a rite of Spring, a Torts/Brooks bitchslap-fest.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 04/15/11 at 05:53 PM ET

This is becoming a rite of Spring, a Torts/Brooks bitchslap-fest.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste. Marie on 04/15/11 at 03:53 PM ET

Should be a UFC undercard event.  I’d see it just for that.

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 04/15/11 at 06:00 PM ET

I can see the Torts-Brooks feud ending up something like this epic rant…

(caution - language is deeply NSFW and makes Tortorella sound like a choirboy)

Posted by fcjbencard on 04/15/11 at 06:10 PM ET

I’m sorry but these two going at it over and over again is pure gold.

Posted by Geno71 on 04/15/11 at 06:18 PM ET

First, let me be honest.  I’m an Islander fan, so I have no love for Torts or the Rangers.
Having said that, it’s pretty clear that Brooks, is trying to have a “gotcha” moment with Tortorella.  Larry Schnooks is a smug, a@#hole that loves to be the center of attention and make sure he, meaning “Larry Brook” is the headline and not his subject.

Posted by RogerNYLA on 04/15/11 at 06:28 PM ET

Totally agree Roger.  It’s pretty obvious that’s what Brooks was trying to do.

Posted by Geno71 on 04/15/11 at 06:29 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Larry Brooks is one of the few men who can make me root for John Tortorella.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/15/11 at 06:44 PM ET

Bosephus's avatar

I simply never get sick of these two bickering.  That’s gold Jerry!  Gold!!

Posted by Bosephus from Behind enemy lines, Denver, CO on 04/15/11 at 06:48 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

It’s too bad the broadcasters and not the writers vote on the Jack Adams, I’d love to hear Tortorella say “So who did you vote for on the Jack Adams Ballot?  Oh… nevermind”

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/15/11 at 06:56 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Larry Brooks is one of the few men who can make me root for John Tortorella. +1,000,000

Posted by Evilpens on 04/15/11 at 07:08 PM ET

Nathan's avatar

Larry Brooks is a turd.

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 04/15/11 at 07:16 PM ET

pensfan29's avatar

I thought a good reporter was supposed to report the news, not make it. Well, i guess that explains Brooks

Posted by pensfan29 on 04/15/11 at 08:38 PM ET

Larry Brooks is one of the few men who can make me root for John Tortorella.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/15/11 at 04:44 PM ET

Tortorella is consistently entertaining, doesn’t send his guys out to sucker people, hates Sean Avery’s guts and bitches out Larry Brooks on a regular basis. I see nothing not to like about the guy.

Posted by steviesteve on 04/15/11 at 08:48 PM ET

Larry Brooks is a complete joke. How that guy even retains his credentials as a journalist is unbelievable. Good on Tortorella for calling him out on his crap.

Posted by Iggy Rules on 04/15/11 at 10:12 PM ET