GIF- Brayden Schenn 2 Minutes For Charging

added 10:07am 3/22/18, Video is below...

Filed in: NHL Teams, Boston Bruins, St. Louis Blues, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: brayden+schenn, david+krejci

Comments

That hit looks malicious.

Charge, leaves his feet, targets his head and follows through with arm/shoulder.

To me that looks like how you would hit someone you hate and wanted to injure.

I’m sure there are some people out there who will blame Krejci
for “not keeping his head up”. But players can’t look up at head level
at every opponent within 180 degrees of them every second.

Going full force through a guy’s head like that is predatory.

Posted by Lefty30 on 03/21/18 at 10:31 PM ET

Scott Stevens would be proud

Posted by Iamhaljordan on 03/22/18 at 08:19 AM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Horrible hit, directly targeting the head.

Krejci may have had his head down, but that only leaves him susceptible to a hit, not a hit targeting the head.

5 games if it were up to me.

Posted by TreKronor on 03/22/18 at 08:47 AM ET

Paul's avatar

from TSN,

Schenn told Jeremy Rutherford of The Athletic that Krejci saw him at the last second before the hit and he believes the contact was clean.

“He was low to the ice,” Schenn told said Wednesday night. “I didn’t leave my feet until he turned up. I didn’t leave my feet prior to contact of the hit. (I) tucked my elbow in and I got a piece of his chest and, obviously, a little bit of his face.

“But I’m not out there to go out and hurt anyone. I think this past year and a half I’ve been good. Like I said, he’s low to the ice. I don’t get my elbow up and hit in the head or anything like that. My elbow is tucked and I don’t leave my feet before the contact.

Krejci was not injured on the play and logged 15:54 of ice time in the game.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/22/18 at 10:14 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Joe Haggerty tweet,

Brayden Schenn won’t face any supplemental discipline for hit on David Krejci last night. Player Safety felt it wasn’t charging because skates were on ice at contact, and head contact was unavoidable just as in Patrick Hornqvist/Charlie McAvoy. DoPS deliberated quite a bit on it

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/22/18 at 12:26 PM ET

Wow.

I truly do not remotely understand their seemingly
arbitrary, shifting, pseudo-distinctions.

It’s amazing Krejci wasn’t hurt - and a real relief.

I don’t know how the league could possibly claim with
any credibility that they are trying to eliminate head-shots
from the game. You allow this with no more than a 2 minute minor
and more guys will end of being targeted in the head and will get hurt.

But then the league doesn’t care about severe brain injuries due to
repeated blows to the head either. Just lawyers’ tricks to try and delay
and evade responsibility.