Broadcasting News

Filed in: NHL Media, Hockey Broadcasting, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Waiting for OTC’s meltdown.  Should be epic.

LOL

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 06/09/21 at 04:03 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Waiting for OTC’s meltdown.  Should be epic.

Hahahaha I came here to say the same!

Posted by TreKronor on 06/09/21 at 04:28 PM ET

Temo's avatar

Did Subbban retire? I didn’t know.

Posted by Temo from La Capital, Míchígán on 06/09/21 at 04:30 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Not trying to sound like a male chauvinist/misogynist, but if AJ were not a female, she would not be on a national brodcast. A male color analyst with equally bad skills would not be on the air.

If her skills justified her position, I wouldn’t have a problem….but she is just not good.

I await the nasty comments….

Posted by Down River Dan on 06/09/21 at 04:34 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Just for context, mike Babcock is equally AWFUL and this just shows that NBC’s hiring department is just as bad as their brodcasters….

Posted by Down River Dan on 06/09/21 at 04:37 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Did Subbban retire? I didn’t know.

Posted by Temo

Some would say he retired about 4 years ago.

But he hasn’t, they are just going to use him when his schedule allows it.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 06/09/21 at 04:42 PM ET

One of the things TSN and ESPN (and TNT, for that matter) does waaay better than NBCSN is moving their studio analysts away from behind the desks and into a head-to-toe setup and explain their analysis more graphically.  I think they’re dull like cardboards when they’re behind the desks.  Move them out and create a format where they can demonstrate certain plays that led to goals or an amazing positioning play that took away scoring chances leading to a breakaway or something like that.

Them sitting/standing behind a desk at the intermissions is uncharacteristic for a game with such colorful characters and history.

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 06/09/21 at 04:44 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Waiting for OTC’s meltdown.  Should be epic.

Posted by SYF

Geez, I have no idea what you and TK are talking about, SYF. I think AJ is a perfectly wonderful person who brings a lot to…

Oh, screw it. I can’t even pretend she isn’t the worst broadcaster in hockey these days.

But if they want to put her behind a desk and let her pontificate about hockey, that’s fine with me. I never watch the intermission shows anyway. Just keep her off the broadcast crew. I’m sick and tired of watching playoff games with the sound muted.

The one thing I’ll give Mleczko credit for is her ability to make the Douche Canoe seem not only acceptable but entertaining.  grin

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 06/09/21 at 06:50 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

You aren’t wrong OTC! And Pierre isn’t half bad, all things considered haha.

Posted by TreKronor on 06/09/21 at 10:10 PM ET