At This Point In Time, What Team Will Win The Stanley Cup?

My pick is the Tampa Bay Lightning, with the Vegas Golden Knights, St. Louis Blues, Washington Capitals, Florida Panthers and Boston Bruins in the mix.

How about you?

Full standings in case you need any assistance.

Filed in: NHL Teams, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Thag's avatar

I think Carolina will sneak up there and win it all. When they are on top of their game, they are a beast.

Posted by Thag from DC on 05/06/21 at 10:09 AM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

Paul,  Missing Colorado as an honorable mention?

It is so hard to tell this year with no cross over games.  I think this might be LVGs year, they won the offseason adding Pietrangelo, they were stacked before, he’s a difference maker at 30 minutes a night, and they’re hungry.

Tampa still has the best roster, but it is very hard to repeat, and will Stammer and Kucherov be at enough % to get it done? I don’t like their path, looks like they may return to face Florida out of the gate, doesn’t help in the healing department.

Posted by MurrayChadwick from YzerHolland2.0's pixie dust fueled bandwagon on 05/06/21 at 10:49 AM ET

Paul's avatar

I don’t have much faith in the goaltending MC.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/06/21 at 11:05 AM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

I don’t have much faith in the goaltending MC.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/06/21 at 11:05 AM ET

I’m with you there, I could see them signing Bernier this offseason.

Posted by MurrayChadwick from YzerHolland2.0's pixie dust fueled bandwagon on 05/06/21 at 11:30 AM ET

I still like Tampa. I think they can elevate even further with Kucherov and Stamkos back in. Plus, Vishy is the difference maker few teams can match. Vegas is my next best bet. Carolina and Colorado could be in the mix but I question if their goaltending can hold up in the long run.

The Canadian division is going to have a interesting first round. Toronto vs either long-time rival Montreal or a team that might push them to the limits in Winnipeg. I don’t think Montreal can beat Toronto but it wouldn’t shock me one bit if Winnipeg did.

St. Louis vs Vegas series ought to be interesting.

Posted by evileye on 05/06/21 at 11:39 AM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

The only thing I want to see is the Caps get eliminated in the first round in four games. The sooner they go home, the higher the first-rounder the Wings got in the Mantha deal will be.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 05/06/21 at 12:10 PM ET

jhpcarrier97's avatar

Florida, Carolina and Tampa
Toronto, Edmonton,
Vegas, Minnesota
Washington

Don’t forget to fill out your bracket.  I am amazed at how some people can accurately pick the bracket right down to the tie-breaker goals.

Posted by jhpcarrier97 on 05/06/21 at 02:18 PM ET

Anybody but Toronto. Seriously, Tampa, Vegas, Colorado in that order.

Posted by exor54 on 05/06/21 at 03:11 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

They could do it, but again with parity, injuries, bad breaks, and questionable officiating, who knows?

Posted by bigfrog on 05/06/21 at 09:17 PM ET

CAR’s gonna be a sneaky, sneaky team, but I’m going against the grain here a bit:  I still like NYI, TBL, VGK in that order.  None of those Canadian teams are interesting enough to bat an eye.

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 05/07/21 at 12:42 AM ET