Anaheim Ducks Put Dany Heatley On Waivers

and more waiver action...

Filed in: NHL Teams, Anaheim Ducks, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: dany+heatley

Comments

Paul's avatar

Buffalo goalie Matt Hackett also on waivers.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 12/29/14 at 01:15 PM ET

Wow some notable names.

Posted by Probie4Prez on 12/29/14 at 02:23 PM ET

Left-shooting Heatley’s playing for a million dollars before the Schmucks put him on waivers.

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 12/29/14 at 02:46 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

I never got to see 70 goals…  oh oh

Posted by mrfluffy from the phone, calling Detroit, telling them it's on 12/29/14 at 03:03 PM ET

Roy/Heatly are both great examples of how some players just can’t play effectively in this league after hitting the age of 30 or so.  Maybe the league has grown too fast for them?  Both were putting up some huge numbers earlier in their careers.

Posted by neffernin on 12/29/14 at 03:04 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Just my opinion, but Phill Kessel will be Heatley in 4-5 years.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 12/29/14 at 03:06 PM ET

Hockeytown Wax's avatar

good thing he’s got 7 years left on his contract .. LOL

Heatley on waivers ... I never thought I’d see the day.
He never was a very smart player ... got by on talent alone for a while.
Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Posted by Hockeytown Wax from West Bloomfield, Mi. on 12/29/14 at 03:19 PM ET

I remember when used to score goals on the Wings like no buddies business when he played for the Sharks, was awful to watch them in the playoffs.

Posted by Pasha1277 on 12/29/14 at 03:25 PM ET

Tony Perkis's avatar

Paul

Just curious, why do you feel that way about Kessel? No argument from me. I think he has one of the best shots in the game, at times anyway. Just interested about your reasoning.

Posted by Tony Perkis from Drinking at Robert's Lounge with Billy Batts on 12/29/14 at 06:20 PM ET

Paul's avatar

No problem TP and as you mentioned, Kessel does have one of the best shots in the game and no argument from me, but at one time so did Heatley.

Kessel just reminds me of the way Heatley used to play and when a player losses that type of shot, they really have nothing else to rely on regarding their game.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 12/29/14 at 06:24 PM ET

Tony Perkis's avatar

Thanks Paul. I hear you. Some games he’s very impressive, then there’s games like yesterday versus the cats where you barely notice him.

Posted by Tony Perkis from Drinking at Robert's Lounge with Billy Batts on 12/29/14 at 06:46 PM ET