Afternoon Line- Dr. Peter Millett On Vladimir Tarasenko

“Vlad’s shoulder is very stable and strong. He told me it is more stable and stronger than it has felt in a long while. To me, it feels rock solid. There is no doubt, Vlad will be 100 percent ready for the upcoming season. I am confident he will be ready to play and that he will make a big impact for his team.”

-Dr. Peter Millett who performed the most recent shoulder surgery on Vladimir Tarasenko.  Jeremy Rutherford of The Athletic has more (paid) on this topic.

Filed in: NHL Teams, St. Louis Blues, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Hootinani's avatar

This message paid for by the Committee To Trade Vladimir Tarasenko.

Posted by Hootinani on 07/20/21 at 02:55 PM ET

Paul's avatar

You may be right Hoot, and I am surprised the Doc even agree to talk about it, must have received the okay from the organization.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 07/20/21 at 02:57 PM ET

Since when does a doctor get to give his opinion about a players impact? That’s what makes this statement fishy. Just say he’s 100 percent and give him a green light to play.

Side note, I bet Ron Francis hasn’t slept in the last 72 hours.

Posted by Jdunc from Flint, MI on 07/20/21 at 03:10 PM ET

Millett added, “Vlad has the best genes. I’ve never seen genes like these”.

Posted by godblender on 07/20/21 at 04:02 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Wow.  Why did this even have to be made public?  I could see this being distributed within the GM circle, but this is a little….strange.

Posted by TreKronor on 07/20/21 at 04:12 PM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

After reading the whole story it seems Vlad finally received proper care. I agree the timing of the article is questionable but the team doctors did not approach his situation properly either. It makes me now wonder about jack eichel’s situation.

But the timing is very informercial like

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 07/20/21 at 05:48 PM ET