A Four-Year Contract Extension For Marc-Andre Fleury In Pittsburgh

from the Pittsburgh Penguins,

The Pittsburgh Penguins have re-signed goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury to a four-year contract extension, it was announced today by executive vice president and general manager Jim Rutherford.

The deal begins with the 2015-16 season and runs through the 2018-19 campaign, and has an average annual value of $5.75 million.

“I believe in Marc-Andre Fleury, as the team does,” said Rutherford, a former goaltender. “He’s won before and he will win again. We’re very pleased to have him signed long term.”

continued

Filed in: NHL Teams, Pittsburgh Penguins, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: marc+andre+fleury

Comments

TreKronor's avatar

Subscribed, because I look forward to seeing EvilPens reaction.

Posted by TreKronor on 11/05/14 at 03:37 PM ET

TreKronor, the medics will probably need to revive EP before he can post.

Posted by mc keeper on 11/05/14 at 04:06 PM ET

Navarath's avatar

Awesome news! I only wish it was for more money and a longer term.

Posted by Navarath on 11/05/14 at 04:47 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Not surprised at all! when no one including Regis McGuire wanted Job & had to “Settle” for a senior Citizen who was “Retired” by the Canes that tells you all you need to know about Mario, Burkle & Morehouse

Posted by Evilpens on 11/05/14 at 05:16 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Posted by Evilpens on 11/05/14 at 04:16 PM ET

I’m disappointed in you EP - that was very mild in temper wink

Posted by TreKronor on 11/05/14 at 05:20 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Again problem in Morehouse & Ownership ! they are doomed to fail in playoffs for another 4 years !

Posted by Evilpens on 11/05/14 at 05:25 PM ET

NHLJeff's avatar

I am very disappointed in this decision. I wish they would have waited it out and only re-signed them if he had a respectable playoff run. Yes, that would have driven up his price, and there may not be many answers on the open market, but I don’t see either of those as good reasons not to wait. I hope Fleury proves me wrong…

Posted by NHLJeff from Denver on 11/05/14 at 07:01 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Awesome news! I only wish it was for more money and a longer term.

I agree. He can’t stop a beach ball.

Posted by bigfrog on 11/05/14 at 09:14 PM ET