Abel to Yzerman

Video- Jeff Blashill Today After The Morning Skate In Dallas

Blashill says Joe Veleno on the trip but won't play in either game in Dallas.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

Paul's avatar

Fabbri dtill out tonight, Svechnikov expected to return.  Few players a game time decision.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/19/21 at 12:50 PM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

Svechnikov expected to return.  Few players a game time decision.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/19/21 at 12:50 PM ET

Am I alone, or does Svech being in the lineup make this game more watchable for anyone? I find myself wanting to watch the entire game when he’s playing just to see how he does.

Not finding the same with Lindstrom nor Cholo, who are probably more important to the team.

Posted by MurrayChadwick from YzerHolland2.0's pixie dust fueled bandwagon on 04/19/21 at 03:00 PM ET

I’m with you but do like watching Cholo and Lindstrom too but I’ve been really rooting for Svech

Posted by SevensForTed on 04/19/21 at 03:06 PM ET

I like when Givani Smith is in the lineup. I thought Smith - Larkin - Zadina was great line a month or so ago. It would be interesting to see what a full healthy lineup looked like.

Bert - Larkin - Zadina
Fabbri - Ras - Vrana
Smith - Name - Ryan
Panik - Glen - Erne

Fil, Nielsen, Gagner, Helm

??

Posted by Jdunc from Flint, MI on 04/19/21 at 03:27 PM ET

Paul's avatar

from Ted Kulfan of the Detroit News,

These final 10 games of the regular season are important for every Red Wings player in different ways.

But especially for young, unproven players who are still learning their way in the NHL, or showing what they can do for the first time at this level.

Red Wings defenseman Gustav Lindstrom.
“Certainly for the young guys, you can really make a statement to where you think you can fit in within our organization,” coach Jeff Blashill said after Monday’s morning skate on Zoom call with media. “How much can you help the organization win? I’ve said it a lot, it’s not about guys coming up to play, it’s about guys helping us be a better hockey team and win more games in the future.

“Its important for them, but everyone has stuff on the line.”

There are many players within that group who can make a statement and solidify their spot in the organization.

continued

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/19/21 at 04:02 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

I have a hard time not rooting for the kid.  He’s had one bad break after another unfortunately, and I keep hoping he’ll have enough of a shot to prove he belongs.  I’m afraid he’s running out of time though.

Posted by TreKronor on 04/19/21 at 04:29 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Brome recalled from taxi squad.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/19/21 at 04:34 PM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

Posted by MurrayChadwick from YzerHolland2.0’s pixie dust fueled bandwagon on 04/19/21 at 03:00 PM ET

Yes, most definitely. Him and Ras. Svetch is averaging under 9min/game the last i looked. I would like to see him get around 15. I do not recall rooting for 2 players to make it more than those two in a very long time. I believe the other two were Marty LaPointe and McCarty.

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 04/19/21 at 06:31 PM ET