Abel to Yzerman

It’s Been A Great Day

Tonight the Wings face off against the Sharks in another late start, and we've all had a good look at how poorly the team has adapted to the different time zones. They have struggled all season on the road, so this is not going to get easier. Larkin is listed as day to day so he's out tonight, and, T-Bert is supposed to play so the Wings have that as a plus. Another plus is that the Wings did battle back the other night to take the game all the way to the skills competition, and, did get a point. So, not all bad.

The big news today is the hiring of Nicklas Lidstrom as Red Wings vice president of hockey operations. That is a big deal, and, another part of the "Yzerplan" falling into place. There will be plenty of time to talk all about this exciting new development tonight.

I would venture to say that it's been a great day for the Detroit Red Wings, as well as their loyal fans. We're on our way....

It's a Live Blog!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 >       Next »

calquake's avatar

Just dropping by to say Aloha… and Aloha. Can’t stream due to data cap limits. So I’ll leave this joke for all my adoring fans /s

3 male dogs vie for the attention of a beautiful female French poodle….a German shepherd, a British bulldog, and the Taco Bell chihuahua.
French poodle: “I will only mate with intelligent males dogs. The male who can make up the most intelligent-sounding sentence containing the words “liver” and ” cheese” will win my affections.
German shepherd: ” I eat lots of liver and cheese to make me strong and great lover”
British bulldog: ” If you mate with me, you will always have lots of liver and cheese to eat until your hearts contents”
Taco Bell chihuahua: “Liver alone, cheese mine”.

Posted by calquake from Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst on 01/11/22 at 11:11 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

I always felt Nick would come back after his children were grown up. wink Now we need Homer to show players how to screen and tip pucks. LOL  Unfortunately another streaming game tonight. angry

Posted by bigfrog on 01/11/22 at 11:13 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Hola 19. I won’t be here either with no feed and early work start tomorrow. Have a great L bee.
PS. Bring back Shanny too to teach one timers.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 01/11/22 at 11:22 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Evenin’ Bitches!
Interesting day indeed, I guess Nick’s kids have grown up now in Sweden as he wanted for them.
Got the espn+ feed but may look around for a BSD stream.

Posted by RWBill on 01/11/22 at 11:30 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Heya everyone. I’m all in until I’m too tired to hang. I’m prolly going to hang on cause imma trooper. Bitches… wink

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/11/22 at 11:37 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

I don’t give a hoot about the broadcast. The picture is crisp and the voices are somewhat muffled.

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/11/22 at 11:40 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Geez another one bites the dust already.

Posted by RWBill on 01/11/22 at 11:41 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Yeah the espn+ picture is brilliant and she is doing actual play by play which is nice.  The old NBC broadcasts were a lot of chit chat between the booth.

Posted by RWBill on 01/11/22 at 11:43 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Fight

Posted by RWBill on 01/11/22 at 11:43 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Bucchi’s voice is more irritating than these two. It like they’re whispering….

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/11/22 at 11:44 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Looks like Smith landed a couple of shots to the head, unless they were to the helmet lol. Ouch.

Posted by RWBill on 01/11/22 at 11:50 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Today is my first day feeling normal since the migraine clusters. Been napping every day and sleeping late. I’m almost 100%.

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/11/22 at 11:50 PM ET

MORE SHOOT!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/11/22 at 11:52 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

The arena looks pretty empty tonight. Or maybe I’ll say half full.  wink

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/11/22 at 11:54 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Omg migraines.  Sorry about that.  I haven’t had one in years, but used to get a couple a year.  Screws to the head, sweating, pounding in ears, vomiting.  Never had clusters, thankfully.  Must be awful, and exhausting.

Posted by RWBill on 01/11/22 at 11:55 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

0-1 angry

Posted by bigfrog on 01/12/22 at 12:02 AM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Not as frequent as they once were. It’s been a while since a cluster. But fuch it. The auras and blind spots. And the pain. My gigantic brain…. grrr I’m on the mend now. My first thought was the Rona induced migraine . But I felt too crappy to go for a test. I’ll never know now.

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/12/22 at 12:02 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

MoFo, he snuck behind Gagne at the back door.

Posted by RWBill on 01/12/22 at 12:03 AM ET

Crap!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/12/22 at 12:03 AM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Didn’t the Wings cut Ferraro loose?

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/12/22 at 12:05 AM ET

SauceBoss's avatar

Fabbri is not a 1st line player

Posted by SauceBoss on 01/12/22 at 12:08 AM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

PooBah in the House!

Just finally had time to post - stream issues.

Thanks Kate.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 01/12/22 at 12:40 AM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

Fabbri is not a 1st line player

Kind of depends on the night. Sometimes he is on fire out there and other times invisible. The whole team has been skating like they have lead in their pants since they came back from break.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 01/12/22 at 12:44 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Video- Seier takes a puck to the face.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/12/22 at 12:52 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Not inspiring for concentrated late night viewing.  Good thing I’m usually up late anyway.
Hey it’s almost midnight.  Was gonna make a cup of tea with sweetened condensed milk.  That should help keep me up until the crash in an hour.

Posted by RWBill on 01/12/22 at 12:57 AM ET

ThreeWingCircus's avatar

Seider back on the ice, great news!

Posted by ThreeWingCircus from The Big Apple on 01/12/22 at 12:59 AM ET

Paul's avatar

I just had a cappuccino, good for another 2 hours.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/12/22 at 01:00 AM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 01/12/22 at 01:02 AM ET

ThreeWingCircus's avatar

PPG!!! NOICE!!

Posted by ThreeWingCircus from The Big Apple on 01/12/22 at 01:04 AM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 01/12/22 at 01:05 AM ET

ThreeWingCircus's avatar

That 5 on 3 was like a broken clock. I guess it was just the right time of day…

Posted by ThreeWingCircus from The Big Apple on 01/12/22 at 01:07 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Yay finally.
Bertuzzi looked a little more miffed than celebratory.  Maybe that they didn’t convert earlier in the PP.

Posted by RWBill on 01/12/22 at 01:09 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

I just had a cappuccino, good for another 2 hours.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/12/22 at 12:00 AM ET

smile

Posted by RWBill on 01/12/22 at 01:10 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Some high quality audio by espn.

Posted by RWBill on 01/12/22 at 01:13 AM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Melrose looks older than Don Cherry!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/12/22 at 01:13 AM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Yeah. Crackling audio… stay classy ESPN….

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/12/22 at 01:14 AM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

I’m not a night owl anymore…….

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/12/22 at 01:15 AM ET

ThreeWingCircus's avatar

I know a guy who does audio for ESPN. Hope he’s not working this game, haha! Sounds like someone sweated out their mic, or there’s a bad connector or cable. Bummer. I bet they’re changing it now during commercial.

Posted by ThreeWingCircus from The Big Apple on 01/12/22 at 01:19 AM ET

ThreeWingCircus's avatar

Sounds like they got the sound issue fixed. Some poor sound guy is ready for a drink, I imagine!

Posted by ThreeWingCircus from The Big Apple on 01/12/22 at 01:21 AM ET