Abel to Yzerman

Injuries Could Shuffle Detroit’s Lineup

from Kevin Allen of Detroit Hockey Now,

The Detroit Red Wings’ growing list of training camp injuries could increase playing opportunities for the team’s top prospects and veteran Bobby Ryan.

Rookies Lucas Raymond and Joe Veleno and Ryan mightplay in the Red Wings’ opener against the Tampa Bay Lightning as much out of necessity as merit.

“It’s a whole bunch of (injured) guys,” Blashill said. “We don’t know who is going to be available and who’s not. We are taking it day by day.”

Blashill didn’t say who is injured. The injured players previously identified are Michael Rasmussen who has only played one preseason game and Givani Smith.  The severity of either injury is unknown.

“We will make decisions when we have to make decisions,” Blashill said, “and not before then.”

Defenseman Moritz Seider is the only top prospect considered a lock to make the team. Lucas Raymond and Joe Veleno are bubble candidates.

continued

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

RWBill's avatar

I got a “could not open” on that link but this one works, although I don’t like to post links on someone else’s web site.

Posted by RWBill on 10/10/21 at 09:30 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

I didn’t know this, but I’m not up on a lot of things in the Detroit area.

Rheaume will be part of the broadcast team on Red Wings telecasts for Bally Sports Detroit. She is living in the Detroit area. Rheaume is working as the Girls Program Coordinator for the Little Caesars AAA Hockey Club. As well, she is serving as the head coach of the 12U girls team in Detroit.

Posted by RWBill on 10/10/21 at 09:35 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

That is from Detroit Hockey Now, I should say.

Posted by RWBill on 10/10/21 at 10:05 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Thanks RWB and fixed.  No problem on my end posting links at all.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 10/10/21 at 10:09 AM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Yes! She should be a great addition to the broadcast team. This is very good news IMO. I have her 1992 Classic Draft Pick card along with the 1992 December Beckett Hockey Monthly TBL issue #26.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 10/10/21 at 01:48 PM ET

As kids, more than one of my buddies and I thought
Manon Rheaume was all-around really cool.

Excellent athlete and raised the profile of women in hockey,
including as a bit of heartthrob for boys (and likely some girls, though
harder to be open about it back then). She definitely made goaltending
cool and was and is great role model.

Posted by lefty.30 on 10/10/21 at 05:42 PM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

I am excited Rheaume is joining the broadcast. I saw the special they did during the Wings game last week. Man, she looks great! I am really looking forward to her insight.

I am surprised Montreal did not nab her for this type of position. Go Wings for picking her up.

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 10/10/21 at 06:44 PM ET