Abel to Yzerman

Videos- After Today’s Practice In Traverse City

Bobby Ryan first followed below by Vladislav Namestnikov and Jeff Blashill.  added 2:23pm, Troy Stecher added below.

Namestnikov

Blashill

Stecher

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

Paul's avatar

Today was a maintenance day for Bertuzzi, no word on Vrana yet.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 09/27/21 at 01:34 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Nick Leddy spoke with John Keating over the weekend.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 09/27/21 at 01:49 PM ET

Paul's avatar

from Ansar Khan of Mlive,

Bobby Ryan realized the need to approach this training camp and preseason differently in order to extend his NHL career, at least with the Detroit Red Wings.

“When I look at the lineup here, and I’m realistic, the top-six is pretty well spoken for, as well it should be, those guys have earned that opportunity,” Ryan said. “I came in with the expectations that I would be a bottom-six player or maybe even the 13th forward, so I don’t think I can change anything.”...

“I would like to broaden my game, be a little more physical, a little more demanding of the puck below the circles and holding it and ragging it instead of taking opportunities to create,” Ryan said Monday during training camp in Traverse City. “Just be a little more patient in those areas for me because your leash isn’t the same as a top-six player right now. I’m OK with that. I won’t change much but my patience level with the puck has to be a little better and I have to err on the side of caution at times. That’s part of the process as you get older and start to play different roles within the team.”

read on

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 09/27/21 at 02:36 PM ET

Steeb's avatar

Is there a way to pass along the fact that boom microphone technology is a thing that exists? Whoever runs the Wings’s pressers needs to get a clue. I gave up trying to watch these things, as it’s basically a waste if you don’t know what the answer-er is talking about.

Posted by Steeb on 09/27/21 at 03:02 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Wings media department has never been fan friendly and it continues to this day.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 09/27/21 at 03:12 PM ET

When I look at the lineup here, and I’m realistic,

I would give Ryan a spot just for what he says

Posted by VPalmer on 09/27/21 at 06:39 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Hoping Ryan makes the team. grin

Posted by bigfrog on 09/27/21 at 08:44 PM ET