Abel to Yzerman

Video- David Backes Hit On Frans Nielsen

Backes received 2 for roughing, Nielsen out with an upper-body injury.

via Sportsnet,

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

Down River Dan's avatar

My question is not related to the hit, but rather just how does NESN get to brodcast a NBC game, but yet FSD does not????

Please explain why I was subjected to NBC brodcast, but Boston gets home court local brodcast?

Am I missing something in the TV rights package????

Posted by Down River Dan on 03/06/18 at 11:30 PM ET

Paul's avatar

DoPS hearing today for Backes.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/07/18 at 09:19 AM ET

Wings_in_NYC's avatar

I love how the other Wings just stand around. Any other team would be mixing it up if one their teammates got a cheap shot like that. Not the Wings. You see it all the time with the goalie too. The Wings players just let the opposing team get in the grill of Howard or Petr (when he was a Wing). It’s disgusting how these guys don’t seem to want to sick up for one another.

Posted by Wings_in_NYC on 03/07/18 at 09:51 AM ET

Posted by Wings_in_NYC on 03/07/18 at 08:51 AM ET

They may not have seen what happened? Big E did go after him later

Posted by George0211 on 03/07/18 at 10:12 AM ET

Wings_in_NYC's avatar

I’m sure the guys on the bench were yelling about it. It’s not hard to see your mate is face down on the ice. Start pushing people around. Not the Wings. Opposition giving your goalie a snow shower? Skate away with your head down. This is a lowly bunch for sure.

Posted by Wings_in_NYC on 03/07/18 at 10:40 AM ET

Primis's avatar

So it’s an in-person hearing?

Posted by Primis on 03/07/18 at 01:22 PM ET

Paul's avatar

I am thinking phone Primis, have not seen anything saying an in-person, plus Player Safety normally says in the tweet if an in-person was offered.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/07/18 at 01:24 PM ET

Some of my good friends are Bruin’s fans so I really try to like the Bruins. Stuff like this just makes it impossible.

Posted by howeandhowe from Seattle on 03/07/18 at 01:31 PM ET

I guessing it’s either that NESN’s contract predates the NBC-NHL deal while FS-D’s does not, or that NESN had an existing national presence (and hence a reason to negotiate national vs regional rights) while FS-D does not.

Posted by EthrDemon on 03/07/18 at 04:35 PM ET