Abel to Yzerman

It’s All Good

First up. The Wings face off against the Jets tonight, and are hoping to take advantage of home ice where the majority of their wins have taken place this season. Larkin skated this morning and was said to be a game time decision. So, here's hoping he slots in.

Next up. High fives all the way around for Paul Kukla reaching his goal, and, to all of the wonderful folks that have helped to make it happen. Honorable mention to the 19, as they are always able to be counted on when the going gets tough. We all enjoy the benefits of having KK and A2Y, and, truly appreciate all Paul does each and every day. It's all good...

It's a Live Blog!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >       Next »

Paul's avatar

Thanks Kate and everyone who donated and sent emails of encouragement.

I had confidence the goal would be met but was a little shaky when we did get hacked.

I will be keeping everyone up to date o the status of KK 2.0 in the coming days, but less than 30 days is my guesstimate.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/13/22 at 07:10 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Oh, and Larkin is an all-star.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/13/22 at 07:11 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Hi Kate. Lets ground the Jets tonight. LOL

Posted by bigfrog on 01/13/22 at 07:16 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Hola Katie. Let’s get this party started. L.G.R.W.

Posted by calquake from Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst on 01/13/22 at 07:17 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Oh, and Larkin is an all-star.

Yeah, but what does the NHL think aboot him?  cheese

Posted by calquake from Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst on 01/13/22 at 07:21 PM ET

Steeb's avatar

I was about to comment on the KK SUCCESS! story, but there are 19 comments right now, so I couldn’t mess with perfection.

But congrats, Paul! Knew you could do it. Looking forward to KK Part Deux!

Posted by Steeb on 01/13/22 at 07:28 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Heya y’all! Just in time I see. wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/13/22 at 07:29 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Good for Larkin BTW. He is D-Boss…. wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/13/22 at 07:31 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Hope the Jets run outta fuel…… grrr

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/13/22 at 07:32 PM ET

calquake's avatar

poop

Posted by calquake from Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst on 01/13/22 at 07:47 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

0-1 Already. angry

Posted by bigfrog on 01/13/22 at 07:47 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Arrrgghh! Get it back!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/13/22 at 07:47 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Another team setting up shop in the Red Wings D zone. Frustrating. red face

Posted by bigfrog on 01/13/22 at 07:51 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Hola 19. Here just in time to see another veteran like play and pass by Cool Hand Luke.
Congrats to Paul with the successful fund raising. Just shows ya good people will always beat oot the bad even though the get most of the publicity.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 01/13/22 at 07:57 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Evenin’ Bitches !

Detroit team gives up another “first ____ (home run, shutout, complete game, goal, TD pass, TD run, etc.) to another player lol.

Congratulations to PK and Kukla’s Korner.

Hey, Manon is back!

Posted by RWBill on 01/13/22 at 08:13 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

And TPH is back!

Posted by RWBill on 01/13/22 at 08:13 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Howdy RW. Are you and Kate ready for the snowmagedden this weekend? My better half went shopping today and said the shelves were pretty sparse.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 01/13/22 at 08:17 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Q: What’s Irish and sits ootside?

A: Pati ‘O furniture.

Posted by calquake from Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst on 01/13/22 at 08:27 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I did go shopping Tuesday although I’m usually pretty well stocked for food.  My daughter watches a “wxrisk” weather forecaster and advised me that he alerted people early that the GFS model that everyone uses was probably wrong and he thought there’d be a big event.  I hope we don’t get ice.  The snow I can handle but it really does close things up here, especially schools.

Greenville is up in the highlands upstate isn’t it?  Maybe you’ll get blasted.

Posted by RWBill on 01/13/22 at 08:27 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

OMG .

I’ve got to send that to my daughters and sister.

Posted by RWBill on 01/13/22 at 08:28 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I’ve got to send that to my daughters and sister.

Posted by RWBill on 01/13/22 at 08:28 PM ET

If their sense of humor is anything like yours I’m sure they’ll appreciate it.

Posted by calquake from Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst on 01/13/22 at 08:33 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Ned saves.

Posted by calquake from Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst on 01/13/22 at 08:37 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylon

I always plan ahead as far as the pantry goes. I’m always stocked up on water, crackers, canned meat, beans, jerky, and all kinds of chips and survival
junk food… wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/13/22 at 08:41 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

My back is killing me which is a sign of bad weather approximately 2 days hence. wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/13/22 at 08:44 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

If their sense of humor is anything like yours I’m sure they’ll appreciate it.

My older sister proudly embraces and encourages it.  My daughters try to distance themselves from it, but unsuccessfully.

Posted by RWBill on 01/13/22 at 08:44 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

We’re always well stocked too Kate. Just looking for the fruits and vegetables today.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 01/13/22 at 08:45 PM ET

calquake's avatar

poop again

Posted by calquake from Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst on 01/13/22 at 08:48 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

0-2 Terrible.  mad

Posted by bigfrog on 01/13/22 at 08:49 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

And , CRAP!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/13/22 at 08:49 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Copp with a terrific shot high over the shoulder, no real chance to save at that close distance.

Posted by RWBill on 01/13/22 at 08:50 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Wings getting Copped x 2. Both perfect shots. Defense is playing up too much. Gotta tighten it up boys.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 01/13/22 at 08:51 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 01/13/22 at 08:44 PM ET

It used to be a sign of another son in 9 months.

Posted by RWBill on 01/13/22 at 08:52 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Well well well, Wings having another great night.

Whats up degens?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 01/13/22 at 08:53 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Copp had a great career at Michigan, and I see several Wolverines are on the USA Olympic roster, and former goalie Strauss Mann.

Posted by RWBill on 01/13/22 at 08:54 PM ET

calquake's avatar

‘Sup Bez. Wings are what they are.

Posted by calquake from Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst on 01/13/22 at 08:56 PM ET

Surfer Ken's avatar

Hello All

I just wanted to check in and say HI.
Thank you Kate for another live blog.
Im recording the game and will watch it in a bit.
I won’t read your game comments until later tonight and look forward to them as usual.
I hope all 19 of you are well.
LGRW!

Posted by Surfer Ken from San Clemente on 01/13/22 at 08:57 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Bez. Long time no hear. Hope all is well in your world.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 01/13/22 at 08:58 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Hey Cal.  Not much.  Work. Eat. Sleep. Poop.  Repeat.

Also, was Suter just trying to ahem “make a new hockey puck” with that guy?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 01/13/22 at 08:58 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Well well well, Wings having another great night.

Whats up degens?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 01/13/22 at 08:53 PM ET

Yeah they’re getting jail sexxed by Andrew Copp.

Wow I’m a bit on the Wild Side tonight.

Posted by RWBill on 01/13/22 at 08:58 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Its all good.  I’m glad my life is back to where I can show up every now and again.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 01/13/22 at 08:59 PM ET