Abel to Yzerman

A Way To Watch In-Market Games

from Tony Paul of the Detroit News,

Bally Sports Detroit is launching a direct-to-consumer streaming service that will give Detroit sports fans access to Tigers, Red Wings and Pistons game broadcasts without needing a cable subscription.

The service, Bally Sports+, will launch Thursday, and will mirror the content available on the linear service.

The cost will be $19.99 a month...

The game broadcasts on Bally Sports+ will not be subject to blackouts. The subscription service is only available to customers within the Bally Sports Detroit footprint.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

RorSchach's avatar

Welp, fortunately for me I can stream on certain sites. Not a viable option for me living in the boot of the USA.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 06/20/22 at 01:30 PM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

The slow death of traditional cable is now increasing pace, the end is near.

Posted by MurrayChadwick from Window Seat on the Captain's Ship on 06/20/22 at 02:05 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Yep MC, I haven’t had cable/dish since YouTube TV started.

Very happy with it but then they dropped BSD so it is a challenge to watch the Wings but I manage.

I imagine Sinclair will be doing the same with other carriers to basically force them to drop BSD when their contract expires.

It is going to be a changing landscape in the next few years.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 06/20/22 at 02:10 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

As I said before, I believe Bally will start to have ya get a active comp account in order to watch games. Shameful.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 06/20/22 at 06:39 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Nothing an out of market VPN and ESPN+ can’t cure.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Somewhere West of Detroit on 06/20/22 at 07:57 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Nothing an out of market VPN and ESPN+ can’t cure.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Somewhere West of Detroit on 06/20/22 at 07:57 PM ET

This is the way.

Sinclair can bite my hairy beanbag before they ever get a dime out of me.

Posted by Hootinani on 06/20/22 at 08:49 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Actually I think they’d have to pay me to bite my hairy beanbag.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Somewhere West of Detroit on 06/20/22 at 11:13 PM ET

Actually I think they’d have to pay me to bite my hairy beanbag.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Somewhere West of Detroit on 06/20/22 at 11:13 PM ET

They’d pay you a dime to bite your hairy beanbag?

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 06/21/22 at 12:19 AM ET