The Upper Canadien

So this is what it’s like to be a Habs fan in 2012

Brian Gionta: misses 11 games with a groin injury, back for less than two, torn bicep, gone for the season.

Andrei Markov: AWOL.

Scott Gomez: missed 29 games and counting…goals: 0.

And that, folks, is close to $20 million in cap space. Any more injuries, and Randy Cunneyworth will be lacing ‘em up as a player coach.

Filed in: | The Upper Canadien | Permalink

Comments

Small potatoes compared to having a coach that doesn’t speak French.  Come on stick with the “real” problems.

Posted by Steve on 01/11/12 at 10:19 PM ET

pensfan29's avatar

Pens injuries… Nuff said

Posted by pensfan29 on 01/12/12 at 12:27 AM ET

Cunneyworth would play with more passion and heart than half of these gutless pukes

Posted by BlackXinu on 01/12/12 at 07:51 AM ET

Flashtastick56's avatar

Pens injuries… Nuff said

Posted by pensfan29 on 01/11/12 at 10:27 PM ET

Yep.

Posted by Flashtastick56 from Meriden, CT on 01/12/12 at 11:23 AM ET

Ah - but you guys have that Malkin fellow. And, a coach who speaks the same language as your fans…or something like that.

Posted by The Upper Canadien from Toronto on 01/12/12 at 08:39 PM ET

About The Upper Canadien

The Upper Canadien is your one stop shop for all things Montreal Canadiens. Since the summer of 2010, I've been providing Habs related news, notes, and most importantly, opinions. As a blogger, I don't believe it's my job to report the news, it's my privilege to comment on it. You may disagree with what I suggest. In fact, you most likely will. But that's the great part about blogging: it spurs opinion, comment and engages all involved. I've really enjoyed all the debate and commentary from readers thus far and I encourage everyone to respond with ideas on lineups, trades, logos, sweaters, mascots, whatever. The Upper Canadien is a conversation for all hockey fanatics.

I've come to Kukla's Korner with four years of campus radio and three years of sportswriting from my time at Mount Allison University on Canada's East coast. Not only do I not have any professional journalistic training, after five years in the corporate world, I've spent much of the past two years completing an MBA. Business by day, hockey by night, I'm a Canadiens fan through and through. I hope you enjoy reading as much as I do writing.

Questions or comments? theuppercanadien@kuklaskorner.com