The Upper Canadien
by The Upper Canadien on 03/20/13 at 07:58 PM ET
The Habs continue to truck along, having gained yet another point in yesterday's OT 3-2 loss to Buffalo. A few quick thoughts:
- The Bouillon signing is a great move. Marc Bergevin is clearly a chemistry guy, and believes in the leadership present in the room. Bouillon is a big part. Well done, M. Bergevin.
- Jarred Tinordi belongs. I was at Saturday's game against New Jersey, and for a kid his age, he has poise. He's good with the puck - an errant delay of game penalty last night aside - and has a decent shot. As his body fills out, he is going to be a physical beast. The Habs did well bringing him up slowly, and I suspect he'll contribute down the stretch this year.
- Brendan Gallagher is going to win the Calder. This kid isn't slowing down - if anything he is getting better.
- The Habs are winning despite less than stellar Carey Price goaltending. He isn't on right now - he has been at times, but not lately. If he gets hot come April, watch out.
- Michel Therrien is going to be a Jack Adams finalist.
- PK Subban and Andrei Markov both have a shot at being a Norris finalist.
- Tomas Plekanec deserves Selke consideration. Plekanec is obviously offensively gifted, but he gets far too little attention for his defensive work. He's a PK cornerstone for Montreal.
When was the last time the Habs had legitimate invidivual trophy candidates? Things are looking up in Montreal down the stretch, but they need to continue to take the competition seriously. Thursday will demonstrate whether they message has gotten through, as the Habs face the Islanders.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About The Upper Canadien
The Upper Canadien is your one stop shop for all things Montreal Canadiens. Since the summer of 2010, I've been providing Habs related news, notes, and most importantly, opinions. As a blogger, I don't believe it's my job to report the news, it's my privilege to comment on it. You may disagree with what I suggest. In fact, you most likely will. But that's the great part about blogging: it spurs opinion, comment and engages all involved. I've really enjoyed all the debate and commentary from readers thus far and I encourage everyone to respond with ideas on lineups, trades, logos, sweaters, mascots, whatever. The Upper Canadien is a conversation for all hockey fanatics.
I've come to Kukla's Korner with four years of campus radio and three years of sportswriting from my time at Mount Allison University on Canada's East coast. Not only do I not have any professional journalistic training, after five years in the corporate world, I've spent much of the past two years completing an MBA. Business by day, hockey by night, I'm a Canadiens fan through and through. I hope you enjoy reading as much as I do writing.
Questions or comments? email@example.com