The Upper Canadien

Mike Cammalleri has been traded

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 1m Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Mike Cammalleri has been told he’s been traded. Doesn’t know where yet.

He is on his way back to the team hotel. No word yet on where.

UPDATE: 9:49 PM Pierre Gauthier will be making an announcement to the media at 10 PM.

UPDATE: 9:59 PM from the horse’s mouth: Cammalleri for Rene Bourque, Patrick Holland and a 2nd.

Filed in: | The Upper Canadien | Permalink

Comments

either Nashville in a last ditch effort to retain sutter or Calgary is dilussional and still thinks they can make the playoffs.  Those are my guesses

Posted by 11B3PF7 in MN on 01/13/12 at 12:38 AM ET

Da lil Guy's avatar

Calgary per Sportsnet.

Posted by Da lil Guy from Guelph, Ontario on 01/13/12 at 12:50 AM ET

Flames are right up against the cap so they would have to send the equivalent of Cammileri’s $6 million salary back to Montreal or dump salary elsewhere.

Posted by mc keeper on 01/13/12 at 12:50 AM ET

Da lil Guy's avatar

TSN confirms Calgary.

Maybe Tanguay? He speaks French!

Posted by Da lil Guy from Guelph, Ontario on 01/13/12 at 12:53 AM ET

Gotta be Rene Bourque. Gotta be.

Posted by The Upper Canadien from Toronto on 01/13/12 at 12:57 AM ET

Cammer goes back to Calgary.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/13/12 at 01:20 AM ET

Itrusteddrrahmani's avatar

Classy mid-game trade.

Posted by Itrusteddrrahmani from Nyc by way of A2 on 01/13/12 at 01:28 AM ET

Habs are a joke…value a guy having a Francophonesque name over Cammy.

Posted by yayamo on 01/13/12 at 01:34 AM ET

Da lil Guy's avatar

Bourque, Holland and a 2nd for Camalleri.

Per capgeek that puts Calgary well over the cap.

Posted by Da lil Guy from Guelph, Ontario on 01/13/12 at 01:35 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Don’t they have someone on IR?

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 01/13/12 at 02:08 AM ET

Da lil Guy's avatar

Tanguay, Morrison and Moss are injured. I think Tanguay is on LTIR with an upper body injury.

If Tanguay were to come back, that would put them over.

Posted by Da lil Guy from Guelph, Ontario on 01/13/12 at 02:21 AM ET

About The Upper Canadien

The Upper Canadien is your one stop shop for all things Montreal Canadiens. Since the summer of 2010, I've been providing Habs related news, notes, and most importantly, opinions. As a blogger, I don't believe it's my job to report the news, it's my privilege to comment on it. You may disagree with what I suggest. In fact, you most likely will. But that's the great part about blogging: it spurs opinion, comment and engages all involved. I've really enjoyed all the debate and commentary from readers thus far and I encourage everyone to respond with ideas on lineups, trades, logos, sweaters, mascots, whatever. The Upper Canadien is a conversation for all hockey fanatics.

I've come to Kukla's Korner with four years of campus radio and three years of sportswriting from my time at Mount Allison University on Canada's East coast. Not only do I not have any professional journalistic training, after five years in the corporate world, I've spent much of the past two years completing an MBA. Business by day, hockey by night, I'm a Canadiens fan through and through. I hope you enjoy reading as much as I do writing.

Questions or comments? theuppercanadien@kuklaskorner.com