The Upper Canadien

Game of the year?

Talk about bad blood. Mark Recchi questioning Max Pacioretty’s injury. Milan Lucic on the record with his hate for Montreal.

A Canadiens squad dead set on revenge. What’s gonna happen?

I’m going to bet on a good old fashioned ass-kicking.

But not in the physical sense. The Habs are going to win this. I could care less if anyone beats up Zdeno Chara. And I get the impression they feel the same way. Sure, maybe Ryan White will climb atop Carey Price’s shoulders to take Chara on - but I doubt it.

5-2 Habs. Which would make the season series 5-1 for Montreal.

Looks like it could be a damn good first round matchup.

TSN at 7 pm.

Filed in: | The Upper Canadien | Permalink

Comments

Didn’t take long for Montreal fans to get over their sudden onset of abhorrence for violence in the NHL, did it?

Posted by HockeyinHD on 03/24/11 at 08:01 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

I think this game will be relatively tame. It’s when you expect a good, old-fashioned donnybrook that it rarely occurs.

We shall see very soon.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 03/24/11 at 08:03 PM ET

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste. Marie on 03/24/11 at 07:03 PM ET
Yeah, most usually what you said.

Posted by HockeyinHD on 03/24/11 at 07:01 PM ET
I guess you read and clicked and commented, huh? Read the rest of what The Upper Canadien said.

Posted by NathanBC on 03/24/11 at 08:07 PM ET

not much of an ass kicking, im a habs fan and im disgusted, don’t even have it in me to finish watching this.

Posted by jay from newfoundland on 03/24/11 at 08:54 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

OMG Montreal, you were completely man-handled tonight! An A$$-KICKING like no other I’ve seen this year.

5 on 3 shortie…really??

And the Bruin’s fans were fantastic.

Wow!

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 03/24/11 at 10:29 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Dude - I occasionally read your posts, but I won’t be putting money on your prognostications.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 03/24/11 at 10:53 PM ET

Da lil Guy's avatar

Ask for an ass kicking…

you might just get one.

Ouch.

Posted by Da lil Guy from Guelph, Ontario on 03/24/11 at 11:06 PM ET

Like when he said ‘I could care less if anyone beats up Zdeno Chara.’

Seems like a week or so ago violence in the NHL was on the verge of chasing him out of the league.  Now?  Ambivalence.

Actually, I think there was quite a bit of violence in Boston tonight, it just had to have happened before the game.  Apparently somebody snuck in, anesthetized the whole Habs team in the locker room, and performed 23 open-heart surgeries just to keep the hearts out when the villains sewed the Montreal players back up.

Posted by HockeyinHD on 03/24/11 at 11:41 PM ET

About The Upper Canadien

The Upper Canadien is your one stop shop for all things Montreal Canadiens. Since the summer of 2010, I've been providing Habs related news, notes, and most importantly, opinions. As a blogger, I don't believe it's my job to report the news, it's my privilege to comment on it. You may disagree with what I suggest. In fact, you most likely will. But that's the great part about blogging: it spurs opinion, comment and engages all involved. I've really enjoyed all the debate and commentary from readers thus far and I encourage everyone to respond with ideas on lineups, trades, logos, sweaters, mascots, whatever. The Upper Canadien is a conversation for all hockey fanatics.

I've come to Kukla's Korner with four years of campus radio and three years of sportswriting from my time at Mount Allison University on Canada's East coast. Not only do I not have any professional journalistic training, after five years in the corporate world, I've spent much of the past two years completing an MBA. Business by day, hockey by night, I'm a Canadiens fan through and through. I hope you enjoy reading as much as I do writing.

Questions or comments? theuppercanadien@kuklaskorner.com