The Upper Canadien

A little bit of Friday night trivia

Given the continuing lack of news, other than the trickle of lockout-related developments, I thought some trivia would be a fun way to get the weekend stared.

Here's a doozy that I had thrown at me tonight. Post answers if you know them. No Googling.

Which NHL players, active or retired, have suited up for all three of the Toronto Maple Leafs, Boston Bruins and the Montreal Canadiens? I'll give you a hint: it's not a long list.

Filed in: | The Upper Canadien | Permalink

Comments

Chet's avatar

nik lidstrom

Posted by Chet from twitter: thegansen on 12/01/12 at 12:27 AM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

Kaberle

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 12/01/12 at 02:56 AM ET

detroitdan1982's avatar

Hal Gill

Posted by detroitdan1982 from St. John's, NL on 12/01/12 at 07:39 AM ET

Mariusz Czerkawski!!!!

The Leafs should bring him back. He would be a 1st liner on this turd of a team.

Posted by BlackXinu on 12/01/12 at 09:23 AM ET

Jacques Plante

Posted by Mick Kern on 12/01/12 at 09:52 AM ET

Gill, Kaberle, Czerkawski and Plante.

Well done folks. Especially on Czerkawski and Plante - they are almost always overlooked.

Happy weekend to all - hopefully Saturday nights will take on added significance sometime soon.

Posted by The Upper Canadien from Toronto on 12/01/12 at 12:03 PM ET

sick66's avatar

sprague cleghorn

Posted by sick66 on 12/01/12 at 02:53 PM ET

Cleghorn played for the Bruins and Canadiens, but never the Maple Leafs - although he did suit up for the St. Pats before the Leafs existed.

Posted by The Upper Canadien from Toronto on 12/02/12 at 12:41 PM ET

How about goaltender Paul Bibeault?

Posted by Mick Kern on 12/13/12 at 11:15 AM ET

Paul Bibeault - very good, heard this question originally years ago from Liam McGuire, and he was never mentioned. Well done.

Posted by The Upper Canadien from Toronto on 12/14/12 at 10:04 PM ET

About The Upper Canadien

The Upper Canadien is your one stop shop for all things Montreal Canadiens. Since the summer of 2010, I've been providing Habs related news, notes, and most importantly, opinions. As a blogger, I don't believe it's my job to report the news, it's my privilege to comment on it. You may disagree with what I suggest. In fact, you most likely will. But that's the great part about blogging: it spurs opinion, comment and engages all involved. I've really enjoyed all the debate and commentary from readers thus far and I encourage everyone to respond with ideas on lineups, trades, logos, sweaters, mascots, whatever. The Upper Canadien is a conversation for all hockey fanatics.

I've come to Kukla's Korner with four years of campus radio and three years of sportswriting from my time at Mount Allison University on Canada's East coast. Not only do I not have any professional journalistic training, after five years in the corporate world, I've spent much of the past two years completing an MBA. Business by day, hockey by night, I'm a Canadiens fan through and through. I hope you enjoy reading as much as I do writing.

Questions or comments? theuppercanadien@kuklaskorner.com