The Malik Report

Zetterberg On The Ice For Wings’ Practice

More to come as it is made available...

added 11:18am, via Pleiness tweet,

Practice lines: Datsyuk, Franzen, Abdelkader. Jurco, Sheahan, Nyquist. Alfredsson, Helm, Jurco, Miller, Glendening, Legwand. D pairs same.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Well, he may not get to play in this series with Boston but I am sure his presence alone will be inspiring to our young guys and vets alike.

Can’t help but wonder what the Bruins might be thinking.

Posted by NewfieWing on 04/17/14 at 11:22 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Damn, I was liking that Nyquist/Pav/Abby line.  Mule better step it up if he’s going to be on the top line.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/17/14 at 11:26 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Another Pleiness tweet,

Zetterberg’s practice appears to be over. He went a good 30 minutes and took part in a majority of the drills.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/17/14 at 11:30 AM ET

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/17/14 at 11:30 AM ET

very good news.

Posted by George0211 on 04/17/14 at 11:30 AM ET

socalwingnut's avatar

Kinda cool that Jurco is playing on two lines.

Bummer that Tatar gets bumped because of that…

Posted by socalwingnut on 04/17/14 at 11:31 AM ET

Are Sproul and Oullet still with the team? Is there any feasible chance they play instead of Kindl/Lashoff?

Posted by VitoLambruski on 04/17/14 at 11:31 AM ET

Posted by VitoLambruski on 04/17/14 at 11:31 AM ET

Nope, Holland said a couple days ago, they will be sent back to GR

Posted by George0211 on 04/17/14 at 11:33 AM ET

Please keep Mule and Dats separated Babs, please I beg you

Posted by Pizizzle on 04/17/14 at 11:43 AM ET

Honestly, I’d rather have Tatar on Pav’s wing over Mule and Nike.  Nike/Tinky Winky/Jurco is a fun line and even though Nike can score with any line, he seems to work best with Tinky as his centerman.

I’m still slightly bothered by Babcock’s comment that Nike needs to stop deferring to Dangles and just shoot the puck.  That could really affect the Wings’ scoring.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/17/14 at 12:47 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

ver nice to “see” ...

like coffee in the morning

grin

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/17/14 at 01:53 PM ET

So, we are going back to the lines that do not work.

Posted by VPalmer on 04/17/14 at 02:23 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Vito, Both were assigned to GR today.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/17/14 at 02:26 PM ET

So, we are going back to the lines that do not work

I think he’s trying to make four lines that have scoring, size, and speed. Boston has four lines that can score. Putting Nyquist and Datsyuk together will just result in Boston shutting down both.

On paper, these lines should be ‘okay’ but thus far they haven’t had much in the way of chemistry. Alfie’s been with Helm on and off for a while now and I just don’t think those two have any chemistry still.

Posted by ryan-o on 04/17/14 at 02:47 PM ET

Posted by ryan-o on 04/17/14 at 02:47 PM ET

I just heard Mickey go, “Bingo.”

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/17/14 at 02:57 PM ET

Posted by ryan-o on 04/17/14 at 02:47 PM ET

I just heard Mickey go, “Bingo.”

Yep.  Putting them together is an invitation to power-versus-power—Bergeron’s line and Chara and his partner, every time.  If we had Zetterberg and Lidstrom, we’d relish that.  But one’s retired and the other’s hurt, so I think we’re going to spread ‘em out an try to get our depth scoring.

Posted by captaineclectic on 04/17/14 at 03:47 PM ET