The Malik Report

Yzerman to step down as Team Canada’s executive director; Babcock gives command presser performance

Big news for Team Canada. Executive director Steve Yzerman and coach Mike Babcock held a joint press conference after Canada's 3-0, gold-medal-winning victory on Sunday, and they both dropped verbal bombs at the end--with Yzerman stating that he won't return as executive director at the 2018 Olympics in Pyeongchang South Korea:

LeBrun continues...

Meanwhile, regarding the coach...

And...

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

A sign the nhl is pulling a plug on the Olympics?

Posted by SlimChance on 02/23/14 at 11:23 AM ET

George Malik's avatar

I think it’s a sign that Stevie’s going out on top—twice.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 02/23/14 at 11:26 AM ET

w2j2's avatar

One thing is for sure:  Babcock will be asked to coach the next Canadian Olympic team.

Posted by w2j2 on 02/23/14 at 11:40 AM ET

Is video of this press conference available anywhere?  So far I haven’t found it.

Posted by BobTheZee on 02/23/14 at 04:17 PM ET

alwaysaurie's avatar

George,

I’ll be your friend if you post a link to Babcock’s press conference.

—alwaysaurie.

Posted by alwaysaurie on 02/23/14 at 09:59 PM ET

So… I’m thinking Babcock’s going to start getting ripped again for being a bad coach in what, two or three weeks tops?

Posted by HockeyinHD on 02/23/14 at 10:23 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

Presser not up yet,  Paul and I have looked. We want to see it too!

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 02/23/14 at 11:10 PM ET

shanetx's avatar

Someone already questioned his decision to sit Subban TODAY.  Like, within two to three hours of the game TODAY.

Posted by shanetx from Floydada, Texas on 02/23/14 at 11:12 PM ET

Oh boy.  Back to back golds buys you around 7000 seconds.

Posted by HockeyinHD on 02/24/14 at 05:04 AM ET