The Malik Report

Your Morning Detroit Red Wings’ News

via Khan tweets,

Babcock said in addition to Gustavsson starting tonight vs. Devils only change is Kindl in for Lashoff. Kindl (knee) hasn't played since 2-3

Helm said he'll be out at least another week due to concussion-like symptoms. Said he hit head on ice and was grazed in chin in Ottawa.

added 12:16pm, Chuck Pleiness of Red Wings Front has more on Helm,

“The tests I did nothing really showed too much,” Helm said. “I’m not really having symptoms that people normally have with concussions. There are small symptoms there that show that I could possibly have one, but I’m not one of those bad cases where guys are throwing up or are really dizzy or having trouble with the light. I am getting the headaches and it’s keeping me off the ice and from working out. That vision thing as well from the game is something concerning as well.”...

“The next game it wasn’t that bad, we had a day off right after and I was fine,” Helm said. “Practice went well, a little bit of a headache that night and it carried over to the game (in New Jersey).

“It was never a piercing headache and kind of came and went as well,” Helm continued. “It was never bad. Then the Jersey game I got a headache, it wasn’t killing me, the headache itself wasn’t keeping me out of the game, but I was having troubles with vision, seeing the puck. I was told it was kind of migraine symptom that could have been caused by the head as well.”

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Helm said he’ll be out at least another week due to concussion-like symptoms. Said he hit head on ice and was grazed in chin in Ottawa.

ala Datsyuk? And everyone missed it?

Posted by George0211 on 03/07/14 at 12:46 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Kindl in for Lashoff isn’t awful.  Lashoff had a pretty bad game against COL.  I’m ll for patience but… if you want to get Kindl in again and see, it’s going to be Lashoff or Smith probably sitting, and Lashoff could maybe use the break.

Posted by Primis on 03/07/14 at 12:52 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Teemu Pulkkinen returned to GR.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/07/14 at 01:35 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Teemu Pulkkinen returned to GR.
Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/07/14 at 12:35 PM ET

Would have liked to see him play for Abbie, he was brutal last night

Posted by Hootinani on 03/07/14 at 01:42 PM ET

how many injuries have we taken on playing that damn Ottawa? I mean F that team! Between Carolina and Ottawa, yuck. Stupid ass players on that team as well.

Posted by Pasha1277 on 03/07/14 at 02:07 PM ET

tekjansen's avatar

Damn. Was hoping with the back-to-backs they’d be able to find a spot for Pulkkinen, either as a spell on Bertuzzi or a jump on the bottom 6.

Posted by tekjansen on 03/07/14 at 03:07 PM ET

MsRedWingFan's avatar

wrap Helm in bubble wrap for criminies sakes

Posted by MsRedWingFan from West Michigan hometown of Abdelkader on 03/07/14 at 03:23 PM ET