The Malik Report

Wings’s Skate Before Playing Pittsburgh Tonight

Media reported both Andersson and Cleary skated before practice.

Gustavsson has one net, Howard the other with Mrazek standing along the boards.

via Khan tweets,

Franzen-Legwand-Alfredsson, Tatar-Sheahan-Nyquist, Miller-Glendening-Bertuzzi, Ferraro-Emmerton-Pulkkinen.

Helm skating but not taking part in line rushes.

On defense it's Kronwall-Smith, Quincey-DeKeyser, Lashoff-Kindl. Almquist rotating in on third pair.

More will be posed as needed.

added 10:42am, via Khan,

No. 1 power play has Franzen, Nyquist and Bertuzzi (net front) with Kronwall and Alfredsson at points.

No. 2 power play has Legwand, Tatar and Sheahan (net front) with DeKeyser and Pulkkinen at the points.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

gowings's avatar

Well, this will be like the Shitcago game…..we cannot expect a win tonight….of course I would love to eat my words, but I have no hope here

Posted by gowings from MTL on 03/20/14 at 09:46 AM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Never Give Up!  (I can’t take credit, From Stonehands Avatar quoting Winston Churchill)

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 03/20/14 at 10:01 AM ET

Well, who will win the injury lottery tonight? Hope nobody does….because how much more can they take?

I hope to see Alfie with Legwand, and Franzen again tonight, as he was totally mishandled by playing with Glendening and whoever. While the offence is limited, that combo has a chance to score, as does the kid line.

Bert, Miller and Glendening are ok but you won’t get much offence there.

IF they are going to use Pulkkenin on the point….. a situation I disagree with….then at least the PP guys should try to get him the puck. That kid seemed afraid to shoot , just like all of the Wings, when he played there on Sunday. The last thing we need to do is rob him of the confidence to shoot…that’s his strong point…and I hope he is not being told to distribute it. Kid, just blast it.

Posted by NewfieWing on 03/20/14 at 10:14 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Khan says Gustavsson told him he is the backup goalie tonight.  Expect Mrazek to go back to GR.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/20/14 at 10:15 AM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Helm skating but not taking part in line rushes.

So he’s a minimum of 2 days away, right?

Posted by MoreShoot on 03/20/14 at 10:26 AM ET

Itrusteddrrahmani's avatar

Posted by MoreShoot on 03/20/14 at 11:26 AM ET

Just wait for the setback.

So was just looking at the lines and noticed the difference between our first and fourth in terms of age. The combined age of the fourth line is 69 years. The combined age of the first line is 108 years!! Crazy, eh.

Posted by Itrusteddrrahmani from Nyc by way of A2 on 03/20/14 at 10:47 AM ET

Let’s grind these bitches dahn!

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 03/20/14 at 10:55 AM ET

If Helm can return for the weekend games (and if there’s no injury between now and then) I’d like to see Emmerton reassigned, Glendening bounced to the fourth line, and Helm on the third—otherwise no changes.  Just makes more sense to me than rejiggering the top two lines because theoretically Helm is ahead of Sheahan on the depth chart..

Posted by captaineclectic on 03/20/14 at 10:56 AM ET

Media reported both Andersson and Cleary skated before practice.

Oh no.  Oh no no no no.  Oh hell no.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 03/20/14 at 11:40 AM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Oh no.  Oh no no no no.  Oh hell no.

What he said. I’d rather see someone play their first NHL game every night versus see Danny boy back.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/20/14 at 11:55 AM ET

Right now, this team could use some of Dan Cleary’s experience on the 4th line.

Posted by NewfieWing on 03/20/14 at 12:14 PM ET

bigdee89's avatar

We have a shot if the boys keep it simple.

It’s when we try to make 5 Fuching passes before we shoot that kills us.

Here’s hoping Kronner lays out Rosby

Posted by bigdee89 from The Great White North Eh? on 03/20/14 at 12:36 PM ET

Right now, this team could use some of Dan Cleary’s experience on the 4th line.

Posted by Garth on 03/20/14 at 12:38 PM ET

Garth, inexperience is killing the Wings in key situations. I am not advocating for Cleary to be a full time regular player if the Wings ever get healthy but he would help at this time. Personally, I was disappointed that he came back because his spot o the roster was going to keep a young player out of the line up but that was a management decision.

Right now, the Wings are too inexperienced and it is costing them big time.

Posted by NewfieWing on 03/20/14 at 02:20 PM ET

Wonder how long into the game it will be before Smith makes one of those perfect defensive zone passes to a player on the other team.

Posted by Howdy Gordie on 03/20/14 at 02:36 PM ET

he would help at this time.

Him slowing down the fourth line and being unable to play NHL-level hockey is not, in my opinion, going to help anything.

Posted by Garth on 03/20/14 at 02:38 PM ET

Helm skating but not taking part in line rushes.
So he’s a minimum of 2 days away, right?

This is Helm we are talking about. I would say 2 weeks away from contact drills.

Posted by VPalmer on 03/20/14 at 02:46 PM ET

Right now, this team could use some of Dan Cleary’s experience on the 4th line

Are we talking about Dan Cleary helping 4th line, really? Just checking.
We all respect Dan Cleary for what he did for this franchise, but the guy cannot play anymore. Not on the first line, not on the fourth line and his experience in the lockeroom was not helping us early in the season either.

Posted by VPalmer on 03/20/14 at 02:52 PM ET