The Malik Report

Wings won’t scrimmage on Saturday to attend McCrimmon funeral

Per MLive’s Ansar Khan, the Red Wings will tweak their training camp schedule to pay farewell to a friend on Saturday:

Saturday’s camp schedule has changed. The team will not scrimmage. Each of the three groups will practice in the morning and then the main team will fly back to Detroit for the funeral of former assistant coach Brad McCrimmon.

McCrimmon, former defenseman Ruslan Salei and ex-goaltending prospect Stefan Liv were among 44 who died in the Sept. 7 plane crash in Russia involving KHL club Lokomotiv Yaroslavl.

I know that the Red Wings will rally around the McCrimmon family, and I hope Wings fans will do the same, because when something like this happens to people that partisan fans treat like extended members of the family…We give the McCrimmons their space, privacy, and at the same time, some TLC.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Thoughts and prayers to their, and all Lokomotiv, families during this terrible time and strength for future.

Wondering though why Wings haven’t had memorial at Joe like many other teams have had at their arenas…

Posted by wingsluver4ever from TC on 09/12/11 at 08:55 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

I’m guessing that the family wants to keep things private.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 09/12/11 at 08:59 PM ET

journohoff's avatar

Good to see you back, George. Get the computer situation all figured out?

Posted by journohoff from Detroit, MI on 09/12/11 at 09:58 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

More or less…I’ll be getting back to work slowly this week.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 09/13/11 at 01:36 AM ET

Probably the family wants to keep things private. Thoughts and prayers also by my side.

Albert - bedroom accessories, bedroom chairs and zebra print bedding.

Posted by Albert Camm from England on 09/13/11 at 09:53 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I think it’s very touching that the Wings will be attending the funeral.  It’s still hard to wrap my head around what happened, and I just hope all the family members, friends and fans of those who died get lots of support from those around them.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 09/13/11 at 11:55 AM ET

I’m guessing that the family wants to keep things private.

Posted by sanac on 09/18/11 at 10:12 AM ET