The Malik Report

Wings Make It 19 In A Row At Home

Paul here filling in for George who is under the weather.

You won’t get update after update from me, but below you can find some of the highlights of the game between the Ducks and Wings with the Wings winning in a shootout.

Detroit will attempting to tie the NHL record of 20 consecutive home wins when the

Dallas Stars

my mistake, the Flyers visit Joe Louis Arena on Sunday night.

The complete shootout.

Tomas Holmstrom joined the NHL Tonight crew after the Wings victory tonight.

NHL Tonight with their analysis of the Wings win.

I will add game highlights as soon as they become available.

Well they are not yet available, NHL.com must be having some issues, so check this link later and hopefully they will be up.  I need my beauty sleep.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

SolidTG7's avatar

Hey Paul, they play the Flyers on Sunday, Dallas is after that.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 02/11/12 at 01:04 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Thanks, can we blame George?

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 02/11/12 at 01:07 AM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Ugly, ugly win.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/11/12 at 01:17 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Oh look, the NHL Tonight had Homer on the phone…for sure.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 02/11/12 at 01:33 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Ugly, ugly win.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/10/12 at 11:17 PM ET

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/11/12 at 01:57 AM ET

Ugly, ugly win.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/10/12 at 11:17 PM ET

Yeah but I don’t think Analheim deserved it either.

Posted by From The Hockey Wastelands from Cleveland on 02/11/12 at 02:26 AM ET

1.83 goals against, .919 save percentage.

Paging Mr Conklin, please have a bag packed and ready for the SECOND Mr Howard is ready to play.

Posted by Garth on 02/11/12 at 02:30 AM ET

Ugly, ugly win.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/10/12 at 11:17 PM ET

From the LB, sounds like it.  Two points and some more real estate.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 02/11/12 at 04:28 AM ET

Alzy's avatar

Well, hold the phone on a back up. J-Mac looks like he can handle the load until JIMMAH~! gets back. I feel just about as at ease with J-Mac between the pipes as I do JIMMAH~!  I hope when Howard returns it’s the Conk who rides the highway back to GR and J-Mac stays up, because IMO, it’s pretty clear who should be backing up JIMMAH~! when he returns, and his name doesn’t rhyme with “Tie”. Also, I know it’s a longshot, but damn I’d love to see Selanne in a Wings Jersey. Might be the cure to our inept PP, since he’ll actually shoot the fuching puck when he gets it in the high slot.

Oh well, 19 consecutive wins at the JLA, despite the special teams’struggles, it’s a good time to be a Red Wings fan. LGRW (exclamation point)

Posted by Alzy from Cambridge, Ontario, Canada on 02/11/12 at 06:05 AM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

JMAC #1 star in the NHL last night, how cool is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Rdwings28 on 02/11/12 at 10:27 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

It was a win - I don’t care how ugly.  And yes, JoeyMac appears to be the real deal.  So happy for him because he looked good last year when he helped out and he stayed with the organization just hoping for this chance.  I don’t think Holland needs to look for another goaltender, unless…  Should something happen to Jimmah down the road, he might want someone with playoff experience…

Paul thanks for pinch hitting!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/11/12 at 10:59 AM ET

Im still surprised we went after Conks given some of the quality games Joey Mac played last year.  I like McDonalds style even though he hasnt won tons of games at NHL level. Hes aggressive and his quickness has improved from a couple years ago. He would be the more than capable back up at this point. I saw him play 3 excellent games for Grand Rapids also this season.

Posted by karlander on 02/11/12 at 12:17 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Im in Europe with wifi.  Live stream for the philly game?

Posted by MoreShoot on 02/11/12 at 01:34 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

I’m with Ms Red Winger and karlander. Personally, I was shocked that they brought in Cocklin (sic) as Jimmy’s backup this year. Joey had a 2.58 GAA and a .917 SV% in 15 games with the Wings last year. Cocklin, on the othr hand,  had a 3.22 GAA and a .881 SV% in 25 games with the Blues. That wasn’t one of Tick Tock’s better moves.

Full credit to JMac for swallowing his pride and accepting the assignment to G.R. Now he’s earned the right to stay once Jimmy returns. I just hope the Griffins can withstand the piss-poor positioning and sloppy play they’ll see when Cocklin is their goalie during their run to the playoffs.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 02/11/12 at 02:24 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Im in Europe with wifi.  Live stream for the philly game?

Check http://www.vipbox.tv/sports/ice-hockey.html tomorrow, MS. I’ve had good luck finding links to games there. Just be forwarned that the quality isn’t always the best.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 02/11/12 at 02:31 PM ET

For those who feel completely inadequate with the impotent NHL.com game highlights, youtube user, awood40, put up a 16 minute highlights video of last night’s game.  As I don’t have DVR, he’s doing a fantastic job of posting extended highlights for those of us who missed the game entirely.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 02/11/12 at 03:02 PM ET