The Malik Report

Wings Still Interested In Filppula

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Paul's avatar

If it comes down to Weiss or Flip, I stick with Val.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 07/04/13 at 12:33 PM ET

The_Firebird's avatar

If it comes down to Weiss, Flip or Grabovski, which do you go with then? I would think that Grabo could be an interesting alternative to either Flip or Weiss; he already has some chemistry with Datsyuk, and he’s proven to be an impact player.

Posted by The_Firebird on 07/04/13 at 12:41 PM ET

I’d take Weiss over Filppula in a second.

Posted by godblender on 07/04/13 at 12:56 PM ET

John W.'s avatar

Grabo.

Posted by John W. from a bubble wrap cocoon on 07/04/13 at 12:56 PM ET

Grabovsky available?

Posted by letsmakeit12 on 07/04/13 at 12:57 PM ET

I don’t understand why they want Weiss OR Flip and frankly, at this point I’d rather have Tyler Bozak than either…

Posted by Garth on 07/04/13 at 12:58 PM ET

Also, Grabo.

Posted by Garth on 07/04/13 at 01:01 PM ET

Grabovsky has all the makings of a Holland special.  Reclamation project, Toronto, low miles, Euro, 29 years old.

Posted by maltby18 on 07/04/13 at 01:14 PM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

I’ll take neither.
p.s. fuch Flip

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 07/04/13 at 01:56 PM ET

p.s. fuch Flip

I’m getting that on a t-shirt if Holland re-signs him.

Posted by Garth on 07/04/13 at 02:01 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

If Filpulla’s agent and Holland were still “significantly” far apart, why and how are we STILL in the bidding.  We were out on Vinny for similar money and better production with the same term before the bidding started.  But they’re following around our 40 point winger (he doesn’t play center anymore) like a lost puppy.

Unreal.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 07/04/13 at 02:15 PM ET

With Lecavalier gone, Filppula is one of our few good options.

Only if he wisens up and takes what he deserves, of course, but I have no vitriol for him.

Posted by CrimsonPhoenix on 07/04/13 at 02:20 PM ET

With the Leafs losing Bozak (apparently) and buying out Grabo, here’s hoping that they offer both Filppula and Weiss stupid-big contracts so that Kenny doesn’t overpay either of them…

Posted by Garth on 07/04/13 at 02:37 PM ET

Why not Simon Gagne?  Franzen as the 2nd line center.

Posted by zombietroy on 07/04/13 at 03:50 PM ET

Because maybe Detroit isn’t the only team who is far apart with Fil’s agents?  Seems pretty obvious to me.

Here’s a scary thought.  In 2 years, 3 tops, Fil would deserve VL’s contract more than VL will.

Seriously, if Fil gets a 4+ mil a year deal for 3-5 years I’ll throw up, but man… is that what barely second tier forwards go for in a 64 mil cap?  I don’t understand how that can be.  At some point there has to be a limited market for these forwards.  There has to be deals somewhere.  Everybody can’t get this overpaid.

Posted by HockeyinHD on 07/04/13 at 04:59 PM ET