The Malik Report

Wings Skating At The Joe

Beat writers report Pavel Datsyuk is on the ice before the Wings start practice.

Also, Mitch Callahan has been returned to Grand Rapids which may mean Jurco will play tomorrow.

Updates will be added to this post as needed.

added 12:01pm,

added 12:24pm, Yes it is true...

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Mitch Callahan has been returned to Grand Rapids

I feel bad for Callahan because he looked lost out there last night. I think he needs a couple more games to get up to NHL speed. Hopefully, he’ll get that chance before the season is over.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 03/26/14 at 12:12 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Abby on the ice too.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/26/14 at 12:22 PM ET

Sal's avatar

Careful what you wish for, OTC. Unless you mean Bert’s coming back out of the lineup. He was gawd-awful slow last night.

Posted by Sal from the shadow of the Great Smoky Mountains on 03/26/14 at 12:25 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Abdelkader saying playing over the weekend is possible and next Wednesday without a doubt.

Jurco will play tomorrow.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/26/14 at 12:46 PM ET

Primis's avatar

What scares me is that even when the Wings were fairly healthy, they still weren’t playing very well.

I’m glad to see Jurco will be back and it’s good to know some others might be on the way but… even with Z and Pav back I wonder what sort of real impact it can make on a team that is just so awful in their own end.  That’s not to say Pav and Z aren’t good there but…. they can only do so much there.

Right now though, everyone’s freaking out over the Zetterberg presser.

Posted by Primis on 03/26/14 at 12:55 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Heck Primis, I would dress Datsyuk if I could, tell him power play only, stand along the wall.

PP has been that bad of late.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/26/14 at 12:57 PM ET

Right now though, everyone’s freaking out over the Zetterberg presser.

Posted by Primis on 03/26/14 at 12:55 PM ET

Who is freaking out?

Posted by VitoLambruski on 03/26/14 at 01:01 PM ET

I am guessing Jurco will be reunited with Tatar and Sheahan and Nyquist with Legwand and Franzen. I guess Alfredsson will play with Helm and Andersson.

Posted by VPalmer on 03/26/14 at 03:08 PM ET

alwaysaurie's avatar

... even with Z and Pav back I wonder what sort of real impact it can make on a team that is just so awful in their own end. — -Primis

This is where they make their biggest impact, Datsuk more so than any other player in the NHL(I didn’t say “forward” on purpose.)

Whenever Datsyuk goes down our Team GAA jumps by roughly 0.5g/gm. This is what happened when Datsyuk had his trouble and tried to play through it this year(taking his personal plus/minus from plus+12 to minus-2), and it’s what happened when he missed about a month right after our 23-gm home ice streak a couple of years ago.

Our Goals-For should rise by a bit when they return and our GAA should plummet.

— -some guy who is an optimist.

Posted by alwaysaurie on 03/27/14 at 12:00 AM ET