The Malik Report

Wings Practice Update

added 1:05pm, from Ansar Khan of Mlive,

Quick update following Detroit Red Wings practice Thursday at Joe Louis Arena, in preparation for Friday's home game vs. Minnesota:

Coach Mike Babcock has split up Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg, in an effort to boost the sputtering offense (four goals in three games).

continued

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2

MoreShoot's avatar

And Mtl not dumb enough to take on those two.

Posted by MoreShoot on 01/24/13 at 07:35 PM ET

but given the constraints of the CBA, Detroit is doing very well…

Your definition of “very well” is pretty loose…

Posted by Garth on 01/24/13 at 08:12 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Subban is not leaving Mtl.

And Mtl not dumb enough to take on those two.

Posted by MoreShoot on 01/24/13 at 07:35 PM ET

Agreed.  That’s pretty much pie-in-the-sky thinking.  Besides, I’d be hard-pressed to believe that there is a GM in the league foolish enough to part with ANY significant assets to acquire a player the likes of Kyle Queasy.  You’d be damn lucky to get a bag of donuts in return.  Although, now that i think of it, I do enjoy a good donut now and then.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/24/13 at 09:13 PM ET

calquake's avatar

but I think the Wings have a chance at getting another reload to work and I want to see if it’s actually possible before I call for them to gut the foundation and start from scratch.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 01/24/13 at 04:01 PM ET

I’m on board that train.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 01/24/13 at 09:31 PM ET

They got Q.. for a draft pick….. Risk?

No risk in that.  In five years Kyle Quincey is going to be a fading memory.  What’s the alternative?  Keep the first rounder and in five years he gets his second contract, which is one-way, comes to camp and almost makes the roster, instead being waived in favour of a 45-year old Ray Whitney?

Big risk.

Posted by Garth on 01/24/13 at 09:35 PM ET

calquake's avatar

In five years Kyle Quincey is going to be a fading memory.

You’re being far too kind.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 01/24/13 at 09:58 PM ET

alukacs's avatar

“but given the constraints of the CBA, Detroit is doing very well…

Your definition of “very well” is pretty loose…”

@Garth - i know it will sound like I’m toeing the party line, but we are in the mix every year. Well, last year I was not comfortable with our first round match-up… Again, name a non-lottery, ex bottom-feeder them that does better than us…

Posted by alukacs on 01/24/13 at 10:32 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

once we sort out the PK and the PP starts scoring, we should be fine.

how many years have we been saying that?

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 01/25/13 at 12:15 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

once we sort out the PK and the PP starts scoring, we should be fine.

how many years have we been saying that?

One.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 01/25/13 at 12:55 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

I’d say it’s longer, but I’ll stipulate one year to make the obvious point…

one MONTH is too long.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 01/25/13 at 01:21 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

I’d say it’s longer,

So it extends to the year where Detroit had the #5 power play in the league?

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 01/25/13 at 01:41 PM ET