The Malik Report

Wings’ Practice In Anaheim Is Complete

Paul here again while George continues to battle an illness.

Nothing to report from practice although I am sure there will be the customary "what do you think about tomorrow's game" questions.

If anything major pops up, I will post but for now, check out the battle scars Nyquist received from the high-stick in the Dallas game.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Love, love this kid.  He and Mr. Andersson are gonna be the next Euro Twins.  We should have another nickname for the duo.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 04/29/13 at 05:16 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

How about the Swede Siblings?

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/29/13 at 05:33 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Let’s hold off until they start producing points too.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/29/13 at 05:48 PM ET

BrendonR's avatar

Gus I could see being on the Twins’ level, not too sure about our boy Joakim just yet. I kind of see Jarnkrok and Pulkkinen as our future replacements in the whole Euro Twin dept.

Posted by BrendonR on 04/29/13 at 06:07 PM ET

Let’s hold off until they start producing points too.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/29/13 at 06:48 PM ET

Okay, Dad.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 04/29/13 at 06:09 PM ET

MsRedWingFan's avatar

Hope George gets well soon   .....

Go RedWings !!!!

Posted by MsRedWingFan from West Michigan hometown of Abdelkader on 04/29/13 at 06:11 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Man, that cut was really close to the eye itself. You could tell by his reaction at the time that it really scared him. And I can see why.

As for the new “Euro Twins” thing, I think Andersson may be more the Homer to Gus’ Pavel. And I’m not sure either Jarnkrok or Pulkkinen are cut out to ever be a true “replacement” for Hank. Maybe Frk could fill that role someday, but it’s too soon to know with him.

Right now, I’m just enjoing the heck out of watching Gus, Andersson and Brunner. They’re still a little out of synch, and a bunch out of control, at times – but that energy is a blast to watch. On that line, you can see how much speed Brunner really has. And once Gus figures out where the net is in relation to the posts, they’ll be dangerous. smile

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 04/29/13 at 06:50 PM ET

“Maybe Frk…”

Or Tomas Jurco - he of the gizmo stickhandling skillset.  But, “Word,” on the Nike/Mr.Andersson/Broooner line.  I really look forward to that line every game now.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 04/29/13 at 07:10 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Nike looks playoff ready.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/29/13 at 07:17 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Ya beat me to it Mo. Andersson looks like Knuble to me for now which isn’t a bad thing.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 04/29/13 at 08:06 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Or Tomas Jurco…

Maybe, but I think Jurco’s more like Pavel than Hank.

I do have to admit, though, that I jumped the gun when I said that I didn’t think Jarnkrok could play the role of Hank to Nyquil’s Pavel. I was thinking mostly about how slight of frame he is, but it seems some guy named Nill sees beyond that.

From Red Wings Central’s prospects page on Jarnkrok...
“He has great hockey sense, very tenacious, a lot of (Henrik) Zetterberg-type qualities. He’s strong on the puck, never gives up on the puck.” — Red Wings assistant GM Jim Nill (May 2012, MLive.com)

Of course Nill may not be all that smart. He left the Wings for the Stars, fer cripes sake. smile

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 04/29/13 at 10:25 PM ET

some guy named Nill sees beyond that.

Nill?  Never heard of him.

Posted by Garth on 04/30/13 at 07:36 AM ET

IMOrthodox13's avatar

I see Brunner and Frk as the next big Red Wing superstars. Nyquist a close 3rd. Tatar can give Nyquist a run for his money. Jurco could be a stud, but he had a rough transition to the AHL. It will be interesting to see how Frk makes the adjustment. I don’t see Jarnkrok and Pulkkinen putting up the same kind of numbers, tho.

Posted by IMOrthodox13 on 04/30/13 at 03:18 PM ET