The Malik Report

Wings Plan To Rest Today

from Ansar Khan of Mlive,

"Maybe it had to do something with the rest, (but) it seemed like after the first period they had their legs and we didn't,'' Red Wings goaltender Jimmy Howard said. “We have tomorrow off, take full advantage of it and then get a good skate on Friday.

“We played a lot of hockey in the last little time and with a lot of travel. The day off and sleeping in our own beds will do us well."

The Red Wings have dropped Game 1 in each of their past four series. All have come on the road.

"We've been in this position before,'' Howard said. “We were in this position last series. It's one game. They definitely played better than us. Saturday we have to respond."

Said Damien Brunner: “It’s good for us to get a day off. We came off a seven-game series. That’s not an excuse. But, I think we take that day off.''

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

I had a hard time believing it, but maybe there is something to the fatigue factor.  not only did Chicago have a few extra days off, they also had a very easy first round series.

this series is dragged out by the schedule.  they have an extra day off between last night and game 2, and an extra day off next week.  let’s hope that allows the Wings to recover a bit - physically and mentally - from having to give it everything they had to get past Anaheim.

and the longer the series takes, the more chance there is that Del Kaiser can come back grin

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/16/13 at 11:24 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

I guess taking the third period off last night wasn’t enough! ; )

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 05/16/13 at 01:04 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

I guess taking the third period off last night wasn’t enough! ; )

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 05/16/13 at 02:04 PM ET

You know why sarcasm stings most times? Because there is an element of truth to it.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 05/16/13 at 01:19 PM ET